Chapter 13 - Always Read The Fine Print

Shells

Shells. This was more awkward than trying to walk barefoot on a bed of sea urchins.

We'd said the ceremonial binding words in front of the court and retreated behind the flowing white silk curtains, but tension radiated from Shannon's body as I tried to ease her with kisses and calming strokes. She was as stiff as coral, with her face bleached of colour.

"Try to focus just on me, Princess," I murmured.

I couldn't even turn her back to the court. We were in the centre, with the crowd surrounding us on the other side of the curtains. Their voices came through the thin fabric, loud and clear.

And they were loud, boisterous, and shouting suggestions. There was no ignoring the fact they were there.

Her eyes held mine, desperation in those beautiful hazel depths. I wouldn't fail her. Her or her son. There was very little I wouldn't do for my gorgeous goddess, and there was no way I was letting us falter this close to saving her son.

Especially when no bloodshed was required.

Seduction was the weapon I needed to wield here. Although I could accomplish the technical requirements of this ridiculously prurient ceremony without it, there was no way I would rut on Shannon like a brainless beast, uncaring of its mate's cooperation or enjoyment.

By the first shell, I will have her cumming with me. Not frozen like a fish snared in an anemone's tentacles.

Gently lifting the thin red robe from her body and shedding my own, I laid her back on the circular bed. I slid my fingers up her thighs, raising them to my shoulders. Her eyes widened as I lowered my head to between her thighs, drawing her warm lemon scent into my nose, before tasting her in long teasing flicks of my tongue. When she gasped, I smiled and focused my attention on the proud little pearl until she started to squirm in my hold.

Her scent strengthened, rich with notes of arousal, and I heard the little breathy moans that told me she was forgetting the surrounding distractions in favour of the rising heat in her body.

With a fingertip, I tested her readiness, even as I continued to ravage her with my tongue. When her hands gripped my hair, tugging with her symphony of moans, gasps, and writhing hips, I drove two fingers inside to stroke over that rough little patch on the front wall. Snug and wet with arousal, her pussy clung to my fingers.

But it wasn't enough.

I wanted to feel those sensitive walls trembling with orgasm around my fingers so that when I rode her hard and fast, there was no chance she'd be distracted by the court, despite how loud they were getting. It seemed the more I made her moan, the more vocal the audience got. Blasted barnacles. I knew when Shannon noticed them again, as she stiffened briefly.

Yet I needed her mindless and only thinking about me. Only thinking of the fire demanding satisfaction in her senses.

Mercilessly, I pumped my fingers hard and fast, even as I nipped and sucked at her flushed clitoris. Keening, her hips shifted from writhing to rigid attention, and she flooded my fingers as her orgasm peaked.