Chapter 21 - Seeds

I was ready to strangle my brother

If Manannan and I hadn't dragged him off to our nearest outpost while Shannon, Mist, and Scota sparred, I swear he would have gotten us kicked off her island. He simply could not resist pissing off the fierce goddess. At every opportunity, he'd made comments to her that had steam coming out of her ears. I was shocked she'd restrained herself from attacking him.

Fortunately, Taleisin didn't question our absence during the day and was content to explore the island on his own. To bolster our claim of gathering food, we returned with local fish and seafood that I forced Elada to help make for the evening meal. When Shannon told me she knew the prophecy and we were leaving, I was relieved to no longer have to run interference between my idiotic older brother and our hostess.

Yet Elada continued to be an ass after we'd returned to the Summer Realm and the rooms assigned by the court. He'd stopped leering at Shannon, but his frequent lewd comments about Scota made me uncomfortable.

"Why do you think Scota doesn't like cock?"

If I punch him in the face, will Mother be angry or celebrate me stopping the stupidity falling from his mouth?

"Did you swap brains with a sea sponge?" I asked.

Elada scowled at me. "Sea sponges don't have brains."

"Exactly," I retorted, pulse pounding in my temple and starting to spike into my left eye.

He rolled his eyes and flicked a rude hand gesture at me. "I'm just saying... she is one finely formed female. It seems like such a waste of pussy."

Like an underwater sea vent, my patience blew. "By the shell! Stop! Just fucking stop, all right? I don't want to hear any more of your barnacle-brained, sea-lion shit! I'm tired of your inability to filter your thoughts, spewing every sort of filth out of your blow hole!"

Elada's silver eyes widened, and he held both hands up to ward me off. "Don't go squirting your ink, brother."

Fists clenched, it was everything I could do to not punch him. "Then stop, Elada! You know your attitude is completely jellyfish backwards. Pull your head out of your ass before you cause a diplomatic incident. If you keep talking like that, Mother is going to chop off your cock and feed it to you," I growled.

"Huh. I came in at the wrong moment. Do you want me to leave you two alone?" Shannon asked from the doorway, looking between Elada and I.

"No!" I said, seeing Maeve standing behind Shannon. Blowing out a breath and taking the time to inhale and exhale again more slowly, I calmed my voice. "Did you figure out what the prophecy means?"

Shannon still looked back and forth between my idiotic brother and me, frowning slightly, but nodded.

"Yeah, we think we've got it worked out. Did Mist leave to update Loki?" she asked.