Chapter 11 - Dress Code

After the enlightening discussion with my mother, I had a restless night

After the enlightening discussion with my mother, I had a restless night. Erotic dreams of Elatha, Loki, and I together had me waking with my pulse pounding, arousal strumming hot and heavy through my veins, and the sheets tangled around my body. Not the first time I'd woken from these dreams, but I'd denied them and turned to Loki for solace during the past months. 

Now, I wondered if I could have more.

Frustrated, I kicked my way free of the clinging sheets. Ripping my sweat-soaked nightgown and panties from my body, I left the bedroom to soak in the bubbling waters of the bathing pool. As Maeve had said last night, nudity wasn't an issue for Tuatha de Danann and bathing pools were used as social centres. With as often as Mist, Kara, or Thor walked in on Loki and me having sex somewhere, and six months of feeding Aidan, I'd lost my body inhibitions. I didn't care if Mist saw me naked. Mist, Maeve, and I had relaxed in the rejuvenating waters, talking for hours after the sparring session the previous evening.

Mist poked her head out of her bedroom. "You back in the water? It's not salt water. Is it giving you a boost?"

Eyes closed, I laid my head against the edge. "No, it's just relaxing, though."

"Hmmm... how are you feeling? Any headache?" she asked.

"No, I'm good. I wonder if being surrounded by all these ancient trees is constantly recharging me?"

"Likely. I can't see why they wouldn't," Mist mused.

A knock sounded at the door and Mist strode over to answer it. A murmur of voices reached me, but I tuned it out, letting my mind float with the bubbles in the water.

"Shannon," Mist called, and I realized she'd called my name a few times.

"What?" I didn't open my eyes.

"Prince Elatha is here," she said.

My eyes snapped open to see him standing at the edge of the pool, looking down at me as I relaxed. I drank in the sight of him in his silver and black skinsuit, matching scale armour over top. That lean, athletic build was so perfectly displayed, even if parts were hidden by the armour I wanted to rip off. I couldn't help but admire the defined ridges of muscle, the midnight black and liquid silver sheen of his skin. My fingertips tingled, itching to slide my hands over that firm torso, powerful chest, and wide shoulders.

Damn, he's gorgeous.

Eventually my devouring gaze made it up to his handsome face with its square jaw, sharp cheekbones and thick, shoulder-length dark wavy locks. His full lips were upturned in the corners, amusement and heat blazed out of those unique silver starburst eyes.

"Hello, wife. You seem to have anticipated my arrival. I'm forever finding you naked in the water. Not that I'm complaining in the slightest. You know I love admiring your sexy little body," Elatha teased, his voice deepened into that sensuous rumble. His eyes glinted as his gaze flicked over my body, only to return to meet mine, his smile widening.