| Chapter 5 |

„How are you feeling today, Love?"

„I'm good. Better than last week," Love answered happily.

She was seated in a nice, super comfy armchair. Opposite of her sat her therapist, dr. Victoria Andrews, and even though she just started practicing she was her best therapist so far. They were almost friends at this point, dr. Andrews even let Love call her by her first name.

„That's good," Victoria said as she glanced down into her notes. „You said earlier you made some friends since we last talked."

„Yeah, online friends, though," Love answered, tilting her head down in slight embarrassment.

They tried to work on her boundaries, trying to open up to others. Once, Victoria asked her to go up to strangers in the club or library and try to talk to them – they called it ' social therapy'. It was stressful and awkward, but it helped with Love's anxiety. She was more comfortable talking to people she didn't know – after that experiment, she started streaming on Twitch.

And Victoria was very proud of her for that.

„They are still living people, so they still count as friends," her therapist put on a reassuring smile, making Love more comfortable. She had to remember this was a safe place and Victoria was one of the kindest people on earth. „How did you start a conversation with them?"

„Well..." Love started and bit down on her bottom lip. She knew Victoria will be not pleased with the answer she has. „I insulted them. Buti t was funny."

Looking at the therapist's face, she saw exactly what she was prepared for: Victoria always borrowed her perfectly shaped dark blonde eyebrows in confusion, trying to find a professional way of wording that said 'stop being rude to random people', but she struggled.

„He wasn't offended, I asked him," the young brunette said franticly, trying to save herself.

„So your new friend is a he, I see," Victoria was pleased to gain a piece of new information. Love was a tough cookie to crack sometimes. „Since Brad, you didn't trust men."

„Oh, I still don't," the brunette said casually. She was proud of herself that hearing his name she didn't break down in tears. Victoria sent her a look and started taking notes.

„So, what's his name?"

Dear Lord, she didn't know what to answer to that.

If she says Corpse, Victoria will lose her shit.

If she says she doesn't know, Victoria will lose her shit and be worried for her safety.

If she says she made it up to make Victoria happy, she will also lose her shit.

Either way, Love is fucked. Basically.

„Uhm..." Love started stalling. Victoria's blue eyes were piercing through her, and she felt like her therapist could see her soul. „I don't..."

„Is there a problem?"

„No, I just... I only know his public name."

Victoria blinked confusedly, Love could tell she didn't make any sense right now. She let out a loud sigh and tried to find a way to put this in words.

„We streamed a game together a few times. He uses the name Corpse. I don't know anything more about him, but he's nice."

Victoria, although being confused as ever, she started taking notes.

Mysterious friend Corpse??
nice guy, streamer

„Would you like to talk about him?" the blonde asked softly. Seeing the light smile on Love's face she assumed she would.