| Chapter 23 |

Love felt so unsure about leaving in the morning, that Corpse found it best to let her stay a little longer.

He knew her trauma about her best friend killing herself and he knew she blamed herself for that ever since. And now, she thought he was going to do the same, and he couldn't blame her for being anxious about everything.

He let her do the shopping since probably that was the biggest help she could afford for him in exchange for him letting her stay in his apartment.

Love happily roamed around a store, checking the list Corpse wrote on her phone and she smiled to herself as the dialogue between them played in her head.

„Are you too edgy to write a physical note?" Love teased as she stared at him from the kitchen. He propped himself on his elbows, leaning on the counter as he typed out the list, his hands shaking a little. She learned that his hands were shaky a little bit anyway, it was not strictly because of anxiety.

„Believe me, I'm doing you a favor here," he chuckled, not even looking up at her smiling face. „This edge lord dropped out in seventh grade and has a handwriting of a twelve years old since."

Love let out a loud laugh as she filled her cup with water but as she looked back at him, she noticed he wasn't laughing.

„Wait, are you for real?"

„Deadass," he finally glanced up at her, and there was an amused glint in his eyes. „You didn't know already?"

„I'm not one of your fans, edge lord," she rolled her eyes, and finally he gave in and laughed with her.

She even bought some stuff for the cookies she decided to bake him, with some oats and a little bit of chocolate, hoping it wouldn't fuck with his voice that much. She knew he had to follow a diet but that didn't mean she couldn't spoil him with her baking.

When she finally got back to his place, it was already noon.

„I'm so sorry," she bursted through the door, almost dropping the two cups of iced coffee she got for them. „I saw the cutest little squirrel on the way to my car, then I noticed there was a Starbucks and they had these new things I don't even know the names of... What are you doing?"

Love stopped right in her tracks, staring over his figure in the kitchen. By the looks of it, he tried to use his blender but it sounded like it was dying. She frowned at the sound and placed the drinks down on the table.

„I tried to eat something," he sighed as he placed his hand on his hips, looking at the blender in pure disappointment.

„And you threw up in that?" she motioned towards the poor blender.

„No," he chuckled. „It looks like you need some liquid to blend stuff."

„You need to get rid of whatever you made, otherwise I'm going to throw up." Love frowned as she sized the blender up, and the more she looked at it, the more sure she was about her statement.

„It doesn't look that bad," he retorted. Love gave him a pointed look.

„Maybe from there, but from here it looks horrendous."

Corpse walked up to her and he tilted his head to get a better look at the nightmare on the counter.

„Oh, look, there's a chunk of-"

„I don't wanna know!" Love cut him off and stormed off. „If you were to eat dirt that would be safer."

She heard him laugh behind her as she went to grab her iced coffee. She tried to be quick so it was still cold as she sipped from it through her straw.