| Chapter 44 |

The sun has set a long time ago, when they finally got back to his apartment, fetching Quinn midway. Love could barely see anymore through her tiredness, and all she wanted to do to take a hot shower and get into bed.

„You can stay at mine," he offered, giving her a concerned look as his eyes lingered on the dark circles under her eyes.

Love took a minute to consider his offer. She loved spending time with him, she was so tired she could collapse at any minute, and right now she craved company more than ever. Her mother has ruined her mood completely, and she needed someone she could feel better with, feel like she wasn't that much of a disaster like her mother considered her to be.

But on the other hand, she knew that maybe spending one more night with him so soon wasn't the best choice.

But to hell with that.

„Okay," she agreed, way too tired to argue with him about this. So instead, he just exited her car and waited for her to fetch her dear cat, hugging the white fur ball to her chest as they strolled to his apartment.

The entirety of the way up just blanked from her mind, only catching herself as he closed the door to his apartment, placing his keys on the counter with a tired sigh. She stood in the middle of his apartment, still hugging Quinn to herself, the cat softly purring under her chin as she looked at him from under her lashes.

„Are you hungry?" he asked casually, making his way towards his fridge, grabbing a bottle of cold water. „I noticed you barely ate at your mother's."

She felt like crying suddenly, getting touched by the fact he noticed so little things about her.

„No, not right now," she shook her head, petting Quinn in her arms. She was so glad she got her back, Quinn was like an emotional support animal to her, and the little cat immediately sensed her distress from the moment they met. Quinn hadn't left her since. „I'm going to take a shower."

„Okay," he nodded, his eyes carefully scanning her face, but he didn't say anything else.

„Can you watch out for Quinn for a while?" Love asked, her voice small all of a sudden, like she was scared to ask such a thing. „She won't cause any trouble, she just has separation anxiety whenever I leave her somewhere."

„No problem," was his answer, and with that, Love placed her beloved pet on the couch, Quinn meowing at her owner as a protest against the whole thing. She liked being held, and the separation anxiety was real, she hated being left alone whenever Love dropped at somewhere. All the times Love left her with Rae or with someone else, from the moment she picked Quinn up, she clung to her like a wet cloth.

„Can I borrow some clothes?" Love asked, already making her way towards his closet to get something she could sleep in. She would rather die than sleep in her current clothes, which consisted of a super oversized yellow hoodie she wore as a dress with black fishnets, and even though it was comfortable enough, there was no way she could sleep in something she just wore for a full day.

He didn't even bother to answer her question as she exited his room with a black t-shirt and a boxer in her hand, making her way towards the bathroom.

In a matter of seconds, she got rid of her clothes, eager to get under the shower and wash away the events of the day. As she stood under the hot water, letting it flow on her face and in her hair, she couldn't help the sudden urge of crying.

She tried to suppress it, not wanting to feel weak, but she just couldn't contain the tears that wanted to escape so desperately, so she just let them fall, mixing with the hot water. Not one soul could tell which were her tears and which were water droplets, so she just couldn't care anymore.