| Chapter 38 |

„Uhm, excuse me, what the fuck are you doin' in my house?" Love snapped at Rae, who just happened to throw herself through the window of the house she decided to hide.

„Oh, my God, you scared me!" Rae yelled back, already going to search the closet and drawers for something useful.

„There's a machete in the bathroom," Love sighed at her, keeping her voice low. „And don't yell, I don't need the killer to find me."

„And what about me?"

„You can go, bae, I'm just trying to survive," Love commented. Rae gasped at her statement, causing Love to wheeze at the dramatic reaction. „No, no, that was a joke. I'll protect you with my life."

„Aww, thank you!" Rae switched up on her so quickly, completely forgetting about her previous statement. „And how are you?"

„Stressed," came the short answer from the young girl as she quickly glanced out the window. „I haven't met anybody so far."

„I was sticking with Syk, but Corpse came between us."

„Yeah, their bromance is out of this world," Love chuckled, remembering the times when they constantly lost in Among us because Syk was being the third impostor.

„It is," Rae laughed along with her. „But Corpse's the killer, so beware."

„Thank God I'm listening to 80s music during this, nothing can be scary while I blast ABBA," Love stated, genuinely glad that she decided not to stream. When she was streaming, a lot of her fans criticized her music taste or just preferred no distraction from the games, but she really enjoyed listening to some old-school music. Especially when she was as stressed like now.

„That's such a good idea!" Rae exclaimed, causing the younger girl to smile to herself. „And it totally fits the vibe of the camp."

„I'm a genius, I know."

„I don't think so."

Both of the girls screamed as they heard Corpse from way too close to comfort, causing Rae to franticly search for the closest window to escape.

„Oh, hey Corpse," Rae greeted him, trying to hide her fear.

„Haven't heard you approach," Love chimed in as she tried to contain herself, but her heart has already started pumping faster.

„Probably because you're blasting ABBA," he commented, his voice trailing off to a little chuckle. „What's playing right now?"

„SOS," Love replied cautiously, not being sure how long has he been creeping up on them. She knew it was a bad idea to stick with someone, especially with someone as loud as Rae.

„How fitting," Corpse replied as he shattered some windows, causing Rae to shriek.

„It really is," Love continued on with their conversation, trying to buy some time for them. She motioned to one of the back windows, signaling for the other girl to follow her lead. „And, uhm, have you met the others?"

„Yeah, I've already killed two of them," he replied casually, causing her eyes to widen. She quickly checked on the player list, seeing that he was telling the truth, Ludwig and Poki were already dead.

„Wow, you've been busy."

She heard him chuckle, his voice now coming from closer, which caused her breathing to quicken. Rae has already opened the window, ready to escape any second he came into the house. Not even a few moments later, they heard the door breaking down, meaning that he was, in fact, inside with them. Rae didn't hesitate to escape through the window.