| Chapter 11 |

Their relationship escalated quickly, and their fans noticed it sooner than they did.

Love and Corpse were no longer enemies, their friendship blossomed like a beautiful rose in the middle of a burned-out forest. And Love cherished it with all her being.

They played Phasmophobia with Rae and Sykkuno this time, and the young brunette streamer had flashbacks from the time when they played this game together. She smiled to herself at the memories, and she was sure that she was going to use her new friend as a human shield.

„Long time no see, guys," Rae breathed. „I'm sorry, I was just so busy..."

„Yeah, co-owner stuff," Love rolled her eyes playfully at her.

„We get it, Rachel," jumped in Corpse, his voice emotionless which made his statement even funnier.

„I don't know if we can be friends anymore, Rachel," she added with a sigh, using the name only Corpse called Rae. She could hear her gasp in disbelief and Love had to contain her laugh that wanted to burst out her throat.

„They outnumbered us, Rae," Sykkuno chimed in, slight worry in his voice. Love facepalmed herself upon hearing his statement, while Corpse let out a small chuckle.

„I don't think it works that way, Sykkuno," he added, and through his words, Love could hear that Corpse was smiling.

They talked so much lately, either on the phone in the middle of the night, or just chatting casually midday that Love considered herself a master at reading emotions through his voice. He started to open up more to her, and even though she had so many questions about him, she had to be slow. Corpse had clear as day boundaries related to his personal life, and Love respected that.

Her fans, on the other side, didn't quite catch that.

Her chat was spammed with questions about Corpse and her. Even some of his fans joined her stream just to curse at her, calling her an attention-whore and shit, but her mods were great at moderating her chat.

She knew it was not Corpse's fault that some really toxic people wanted to release their anger at her for something that isn't true, but she tried her best to ignore the hateful comments.

„Hey, Love, watch this," Corpse said from beside her character, standing so close that because of the proximity chat his voice rumbled in her ear like a loud thunder far away, ripping through the dark, cloudy sky. His voice ripped her out of her thoughts, and she gladly paid all her attention to him.

He picked up the little ball from the floor and slowly made his way to the ring on the wall. He positioned himself just far enough and threw the ball at the ring. It seemed like it wouldn't make it, but surprisingly enough the ball went through the ring without any trouble.

„Wow, that was perfect," she exclaimed happily and clapped her hands together in excitement.

„I know, I've practiced a lot," he said, slight embarrassment seeping through his voice, but it managed to get past Love's attention.

Love didn't know if it was true or not, but either way, it was cute that he tried to impress her.

„Somebody clip that for me, I want to blackmail him with that," Love said to her chat, a mischievous smile plastered on her face.

„I heard that," Corpse interrupted her plan, and Love felt her face heat up. She thought she muted her in-game mic.

„No, you didn't," was all Love said to him before she ran to Rae to the other side of the room. She could still hear Corpse's laugh at her action, which caused her face to be an even deeper shade of red.