| Chapter 41 |

The young girl sat in her car, anxiously waiting outside his place for him to get down to the parking lot.

Biting her bottom lip, she opened up their message log, impatiently tapping with her other hand on the wheel.

Love

Hey asshat

Im here

Sent at 11:23 am

Ayooo

R u shitting or something?

Sent at 11:34 am

Corpse?

Sent at 11:41 am

She was tempted to call him, but she didn't want to be more annoying. Maybe he was still packing, or he just simply changed his mind about the whole thing. The more she thought about it, the more sense it made that he canceled his plans with her, and she could understand why he would do that.

He was a very anxious man with absolutely no relation to her family. They kissed once, and it was a sloppy drunk kiss so that basically didn't even matter. They were not together, they were just friends.

She just wished he would tell her earlier that he changed his mind.

Love was so deep in her thoughts that only the opening of the passenger side door was able to pull her out, almost causing her to have a heart attack.

Her flight or fight reacted immediately, as she gripped the water bottle placed on her right, ready to throw it at the intruder.

„Sorry for being late," he said as he sat beside her, his words coming out more gravely than normal. While she stared at him with wide eyes, still clutching into her water bottle for dear life, trying to calm her rapid heart down, he cleared his throat and adjusted his mask.

„What happened?" the girl managed to breathe out, struggling to find her voice after the scare. She was genuinely scared for a second that somebody was about to murder or kidnap her. Or both. „You just ignored me for 25 minutes."

„I'm sorry," he finally looked at her, and even though she could only see his eyes, it was a devastating look. His eyes were bloodshot and he looked like he could collapse from exhaustion at any minute. She only just noticed the way his hands were tremoring.

„It's okay," Love softened her voice as she reached over and took his hand in hers. It was cold against her skin and seeing the slight shaking broke her heart. „Don't stress about it, I'll just drive faster. It's not that important anyways."

She tried to reassure him, but it seemed like he was lost in his thoughts for a second as he looked at their intertwined hands. She started massaging his hand to try to relieve his anxiety, just like she did when they first met.

„You can talk to me, you know?" she broke the silence between them, but it seemed like he was zoning out so bad he didn't even hear her.

Love reached up with her free hand and placed it on the side of his face, causing him to flinch at the sudden contact. She flashed him a comforting smile, hating the face mask with a burning passion that happened to separate them.

„You don't have to come with me. You've already done more than enough for me, it's fine. Really," she gave a light squeeze to his hand as backing up her words.