| Chapter 26 |

Love was throwing up and crying on the bathroom floor.

She was a lightweight and didn't drink alcohol to begin with, so drinking so much at Rae's was a bad idea, and she regretted it deeply.

„Are you okay?" Rae asked, crouching beside her and holding Love's hair out of the way.

„Do I look okay?" she snapped back, but her voice was strained. Love rested her forehead on her arm and inhaled deeply, hoping she would feel better.

Rae wrote little circles on her back with her hand, attempting to make her feel better. Love looked like a mess sitting on the bathroom floor like that, her hair messy, her makeup ran down her face because of the tears, and there was a wine stain on her blue dress. Rae was sure that dress was ruined.

„You can sleep here," Rae offered to her, but the brunette just shook her head.

„I already called an Uber," Love said and took Rae's hand as she helped her up from the floor. Seeing the worried look on her friend's face, Love forced a smile on her face. „I'm going to be okay, Rae. Don't worry. Everybody gets rejected at some point."

Upon mentioning the rejection, Rae's beautiful face morphed into an angry expression. She was livid at Corpse, for doing her friend like that.

„Nobody deserves this."

„He left me on read," Love realized, and her eyes started tearing up again. „Just as I confessed..."

„He doesn't deserve your love," Rae commented as she helped her outside, Love's bag in her other hand. „I'm deeply disappointed. But he has reasons for everything."

„Of course, he does," Love rolled her eyes in annoyance. „I'm sick of excuses. He just straight up ignored me when he promised he would be there for me."

Love was heartbroken, even in her drunk state. The actions after the clear rejection sobered her up a little bit, but she instantly drowned her little sober self in more alcohol, and that was the reason she threw up earlier.

Her Uber was already outside, waiting for her. Rae escorted her to the car, placing her inside carefully.

„You sure you don't want to stay here?" Rae asked, looking at her with worry in her eyes.

„Yepp," Love popped her lips and gave her friend a small smile. „I love you, though. I just have to get back home to Quinn."

Rae gave her an unsure smile as she closed the door, and waved to her friend as the car drove off. Just as Rae's house got out of sight, a sudden wave of sadness washed over her and she started crying again.

Her driver looked at her over his shoulder, concern written all over his face. His expression made Love chuckle slightly, as she wiped the tears from her face.

„I'm sure you had other plans for the night," Love said, embarrassed by the fact that she was crying in front of a stranger. „A crying drunk girl on your backseat is surely something different."

„I never had one of those," her driver said. „I usually don't know what to do with crying people."

„So you're a sociopath?"

„No," he chuckled at her assumption and gave her a friendly smile. „My name is Matt."

„Nice to meet you, Matt," she gave him the smallest smile. „I'm Love."

„Cute name."

„I know," Love sighed and looked out the window on her right.

„You're pretty and young, why are you crying?" he asked a few moments later, bringing her attention to him.