| Chapter 17 |

„This will be your room," Angie announced as she lead her sister to the guest room of their apartment. Just like the rest of the apartment, the guest room was nicer than her home back in San Francisco, but Love tried not to show her slight jealousy. „I hope it's good enough for you."

„Stop, you know the couch would be good enough for me," Love nudged her with her elbow as she entered the room.

It was a perfect guest room: its walls were the perfect shade of beige, the furniture mostly was a dark shade of brown, and everything just fit perfectly with each other. The rug under her feet was the softest she ever felt, and she wanted something like that in her bedroom, too. Although the white rug scared her a little bit, knowing her clumsiness it was a dangerous thing she could possess.

„There you have your own bathroom," Angie gestured towards a white door at the other end of the room. „You can use the kitchen as much as you want, but Frederico cooks something usually when he gets home."

Upon mentioning her partner her face lit up, and a weird spark in her eyes appeared. Love wondered if she looked like this when she talked about Corpse.

Love put her heavy suitcase in the corner, she will deal with it later on. She followed her sister back to the living room. She could just smell the wealth, but she wasn't jealous of it – Love knew how hard it was for her and Frederico to build this life for them, especially in New York. Love thought she would starve to death on the streets without them – there was no way she could live here.

The brunette looked around, searching for one thing special, but when she didn't find it anywhere, she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

„I thought you said you have a dog..." she started after receiving a questioning look from her older sister.

„Yeah, Donut is in daycare right now, Rico will pick him up after he finished work," the blonde clicked her tongue. „Again, I'm sorry you couldn't bring Quinn, but Donut has a burning hate for cats."

„I know," Love forced a smile on her face, mentioning her cat made her heartache. „I just miss her."

„You'll see her soon," Angie gave her a reassuring hug, but it didn't last long. „But I have to leave for work, I'll be home around 8 pm, hopefully."

Love nodded slightly and turned uncomfortably around, not knowing what exactly she was supposed to do.

„Make yourself at home," Angie blew a kiss to her sister, and before she could say anything back Angie was already out the door.

„I don't even know the wifi password," she murmured to herself, and she threw herself on the couch. It was much bigger than her own and much comfier, too.

She decided on exploring the house would be a great thing to do since nobody was home so she couldn't embarrass herself in front of anybody. So Love started her own adventure.

She started in the kitchen. The countertop was a beautiful white granite with some black marble in it, it was totally Angie's style. The fridge was so big she could comfortably place herself inside and there would be still some place left. The kitchen was so clean Love felt like she was the only trash left inside.

She wandered back to the living room. The walls were a nice beige color, and most of the furniture was white. It really lit up the place, mostly because of the huge window that took up an entire wall in the living room. When Love went closer she saw that it was not only a window, but a door too, and through that was a smaller balcony. She made a mental note to sit outside when it's dark – it would be the perfect place to look at the stars.

Opposite of her temporary room was another white door closed, she supposed it was Angie's and Frederico's room. She wasn't comfortable going in there, so she just walk past it.