| Chapter 16 |

Her head was pounding when she woke up at five in the morning.

Love groaned loudly, cursing herself for choosing such an early flight to New York, but her sister was too busy in the afternoon to go and pick her up, so she had to go there earlier. Which sucked ass.

Rae was kind enough to wake up and drive her to the airport, even made some coffee for Love before they had to go. Usually, she didn't drink coffee, but today she was in desperate need of one.

„So," Rae began, as they drove towards the airport. „How was last night?"

„I'll never be able to thank you enough," Love looked at Rae, who just gave a smile as an answer. „But because of you and your obsession with me drinking the most, is biting my ass right now."

Rae let out a laugh, almost driving out the radio's soft hums in the background.

„That's kind of you, but I meant Corpse."

Love closed her eyes for a bit, imagining his touch on her hand once again.

„It was good. He's not that annoying in person," Love responded bluntly, earning a meaningful look from Rae. „Hey, watch the road!"

„I can glance at you, moron," she huffed. „So, what did you guys do?"

„We talked. Why are you so up in my case?" Love asked with genuine confusion plastered all over her face.

„Because I'm your best friend! I wanna know everything!"

Love stared at Rae's side profile, not having the heart to correct her that Corpse is probably her best friend. When she didn't say anything back, Rae rolled her eyes dramatically and waved her hand towards Love.

„You can start by telling me how did you steal his necklace."

„How do you know it's not mine?" her eyes widened at Rae.

„It's not your style, you're softer than that," she replied, knowing Love's taste in fashion too well. „And it gives Corpse vibes. So?"

„He wanted to give me something as a gift," she sighed at the memory and twisted his ring around her finger. It was a new habit of hers, it felt like he was still with her. „He gave me his ring for my birthday. And he said that I can give back the chain when we meet again."

Rae started screeching like a banshee, making Love regret all the things she just said to her. When they got stopped by traffic, Rae started waving her hands in the air franticly, not being able to control her excitement over her friend's cuteness.

„If you don't calm down, I'm going to jump out of the moving vehicle," Love stated, already placing her hands on the door handle.

„We're standing in place, you doofus."

„Call me a doofus again and I won't bring you magic rocks," she threatened, which earned a shocked gasp from her friend.

„Don't you dare do me like that!" Rae pleaded.

„Don't make me."

„Okay, okay, fine!" Rae threw her hands in the air in a defensive manner. „At least tell me how you felt about him."

It was like a dream, she wanted to say.

He's the most amazing person she has ever met, she wanted to say.

His soul is too beautiful, she wanted to say.

But all she said was:

„He's okay."

„He's OKAY??" Rae was beyond upset at her simplicity.

„Yeah, what else do I say?"

„You're impossible," Rae groaned in annoyance, and she finally dropped the subject.