| Chapter 13 |

Corpse

You never told me you were leaving

Upon reading his words, Love felt guilt wash over her in waves, and she felt like she betrayed him. It was true, she didn't tell him about her departure to New York, mostly because she didn't want anyone to doubt her decision.

Especially Corpse, because his opinion mattered the most.

And he knew how much she hated New York, her family, and everything in between. Love thought that he wouldn't understand her sudden change in mind – to be honest, she didn't understand it, either. She just wanted to spend some time with her sister, that was what she told herself.

But she would never admit that she wanted a break from Corpse to control her own feelings.

Love

It came suddenly

Sorry I didn't tell you, but I didn't

tell anyone else either

Corpse

I hate when you're lying to me

It was ridiculous how much he knew her already, and just from her texts he could see right through her – and it scared her deeply.

Corpse

We talked about this

Being honest and shit

Love

I know, I'm so sorry

I just need a break from socials and

I wanted to visit my sister

Corpse

I understand

Is it because of what people think of us?

Yes, she wanted to answer but her mind didn't let her. Love was unable to be completely honest with him, and she hated herself for that. He was such a good friend, he understood every move of hers, even though she couldn't herself.

Love

Partly, yes

Corpse

They're chill now

Love

It's because I vanished

It's okay, streaming gave me a lot 
of stress so I don't mind

Corpse

I know you do, at least
a little bit

Love

A little bit

But it doesn't matter

Corpse

Take your break,
you deserve it

When are you leaving?

Love

Next Friday