| Epilogue |

„Are you sure about this?"

„I've never been more sure," Love sighed, looking at the ground in front of her. „Well, maybe when I told that old hag off when she bumped into you and she wanted to put a curse on us-"

„Love."

„I should've been more explicit."

He let out a deep sigh beside her, letting her cope with her feelings in her own ways, and as it turned out, it was humor. She was like this the whole way as they flew to Atlanta, visiting the graveyard her best friend, Ashley Bishop has been buried. Since her death, Love didn't visit her friend: her mother didn't let her go to the funeral, either, and it broke her heart to know that she didn't even get to say her last goodbyes to her best friend.

After a few very busy months, Corpse had managed to find the perfect date for them to get away from their jobs and visit Atlanta. He held her hand with his right, her other hand holding a bouquet of white flowers of various kinds.

He looked at the headstone in front of him, the white marble glistening in the sun with the name he heard so many times before.

ASHLEY JANE BISHOP

1999-2017

Sweetest angel of heaven

She was only eighteen when she ended her life. A sour feeling twisted her heart as she stared at her name, tears stinging her eyes. Things could've been so different for them if they could just talk about things, but Ash was always very impulsive. This time, there was just no way to turn things back, like usually would.

Love felt a light squeeze on her hand, gladly returning it. She was glad he was here, with her, anchoring her down to earth and not letting her slip up and just drown herself in grief.

She bent down and placed the bouquet next to her grave, a light breeze lifting her soft waves out of her face.

„Hey, Ash, it's me, your favorite bitch," she spoke up, keeping her voice low as a sad smile pulled at her lips. „Didn't think that this will be the next time we will talk, but here we are. And I want to apologize for being a shitty friend, for not noticing the signs. I just hope you're in a better place now with infinite KFC at your service and free Netflix."

Another breeze pressed beside her, this time warmer, grazing her cheeks as she wiped away a teardrop that dared to escape her eyes. A sudden wave of calmness washed over her, her eyes wandering to the spot of clouds in the sky, the rays of the setting sun only grazing them by an inch, the sky blossoming in a beautiful purple-orange color. Ash loved watching the sunset.

„I'll visit you more often, I promise," her fingers smoothed over her name, finally getting back up on her feet, dusting off her bare legs.

„We can stay a little longer if you want," he offered lowly beside her, cautiously watching her face. She was oddly calm, considering they stood over her dead best friend's grave, but he already knew she was the strongest woman he had ever known.

„No, I think I'm fine," she shook her head, tucking her hair behind her ear. When she finally looked at him, there was a hint of sadness still glistening in her eyes, but her warm smile managed to convince him.

She grabbed his hand, giving another look to Ash, before they continued their way in the graveyard, holding each other's hand. They walked for a few minutes, a sacred and comfortable silence falling between them, just when her eyes got caught up by a name.

„Ash would be fuming if she knew he was here, too," Love scoffed, haltering at her steps.

BRAD MILLER

1998-2021

„I wonder what happened," the girl spoke, her head tilting to the side.

„I don't."

Love nudged him in the side with her elbow.

„I won't say he didn't deserve it," he continued, rubbing his side with his hand, scooting away from her, in fear that she would break his ribs or something. Instead, she just sent her an amused look, rolling her eyes at him.

„Is it mean if I say I won't, either?" she wondered aloud, her tone laced with doubt and some guilt. After all, he was her first love, but he hurt her in so many ways, she just couldn't find it in her to feel sorry for him. Not even after his death.

„No," he shook his head, pulling at her arm. She finally stepped away, walking back on the track that lead out of the cemetery. „Karma got his ass, I guess."

She poked him in the side again, hitting the same spot from earlier, earning a yelp from him, a sadistic smile plastered on her face as she watched him hold his side.

„Can we get pizza on our way home?" she asked, a hopeful glint appearing in her light brown eyes, already forgetting about his statement.

„We have pizza at home."

„You're full of shit, there's nothing home. We only have tap water and half a banana."

„Who the fuck left half a banana?!"

„I dunno, maybe Karl when he was there last time. Or you."

„Me?"

„Yeah. Are you that poor that you can't even pay attention, now?"

„Hey, do you remember when you threw up on me?"

„Fuck you!"

„That was not so hot, Gwendolyn."

„Maybe you're not so hot, Mr. Choke Me."

„Shut up, Gwendolyn."

„Make me, asshat!"

„Gladly."

And here we are!!

It was a wild ride, but their story is complete now! Without you guys, this story would be probably unfinished like 90% of my writings, but with your amazing support and feedback, we did it!

Thank you and I'll owe you my heart for sticking around for so long! ❤️ You are truly amazing and I love you!

I kinda left their ending open, because they are so young and got a whole life ahead of them. I'll leave their future to your imagination from now on ❤️

I know a few of you are sad now, but don't worry, I'm already working on another corpse fic, and if my depression would stand down for a bit, I'll probably post a few chapters in a few weeks.

Until then, stay safe out there, and don't forget that you're the baddest bitch! I'm proud of you, and thank you for everything ❤️