| Chapter 30 |

Just a a quick disclaimer: covid doesn't exist in this book, cuz covid sucked ass, and it didn't really fit with my story-line planned ahead, so just ignore the fact that they meet up and things like that. okay byeee

°•○ ☆ ○•°

After their first kiss, they never even mentioned it.

Love felt like she was awkward as hell and maybe she tried too hard to be close to him. She regretted that she persuaded him into kissing her because she was sure as hell that he wouldn't have done it if she didn't push him.

Corpse felt like he took advantage of her. In her state, she couldn't think straight, maybe she didn't even like him anymore the way he thought so. He knew it was a mistake – he enjoyed it way too much, but he knew it was a one-time thing. Because if he could do it again, he was sure as hell that he wouldn't want to stop again.

So instead of talking out their feelings, they chose to ignore them.

Love did what she did every time she was feeling overwhelmed, and baked some muffins while being on the phone with Tina.

She talked about everything and anything that came into her mind, perfectly distracting Love from her thoughts and all the things she did four nights ago.

In restless nights, she could still feel the touch of his hand on her face, his lips against her own. It felt like torture, knowing that she wouldn't be able to experience that ever again, and knowing that as a fact was killing a part of her, but there was nothing she could do against it.

„You're quiet, it's weird," Tina spoke up again, pulling Love out of her thoughts.

„I just have a lot on my mind," she admitted, only shrugging her shoulders. She knew it was probably not the best if she tell about her kiss with Corpse, but she wanted to talk about it so bad.

„You can tell me anything." Tina felt the need to reassure her friend, her eyes searching hers with a worried look. God, she loved Tina so much.

„I know," she smiled and popped some muffins into the oven. „But this is just weird."

„I have to know now, but it would be best in person."

„I don't know when I'll be free." Love admitted, the thought of streaming, therapy, chores and family coming into her mind, already causing her a headache. She liked to push things off till she was forced to face them, and although the girl knew it was probably not the best way to life her life, she was afraid to face her problems. Instead, running away and ignoring them seemed much more appealing.

„You're always free for me," Tina said matter-of-factly.

„That's true," she chuckled and sat down on her couch next to the sleeping Quinn. Love petted her lightly, careful not to wake her up.

„Well, we could meet up on Friday," Tina suggested.

Love knew she didn't have any plans for the weekend. And because of the kiss, she couldn't get any work done, her mind was always elsewhere, and she just couldn't seem to focus on one thing at once. Streaming was nearly impossible, and she didn't feel like dealing with all the people asking about Corpse. It was annoying and tiring, and she felt like the steamer world wasn't her own.

There was so much to do, but God, she just wanted to curl up in her bed and watch Netflix shows till her problems disappear.

It was a sad realization because she thought she found a job she could actually enjoy, but she was wrong.