| Chapter 32 |

„You can't say that."

That was the first thing that Love Bennett managed to say after his confession.

Corpse finally opened his eyes as he furrowed his brows. His eyes met hers, all of her feelings open in her eyes. Everything was there: sadness, hope, longing. Her breath hitched in her throat, almost suffocating her.

„After everything..."

„I know," he interrupted, eager to get his thoughts out of his head by saying them out loud. They had gotten so loud lately, is was mere impossible to ignore them anymore. „But it's so hard to ignore it anymore."

Love was left speechless. This was his confession of his feelings? Did he feel the same? Or is it just the things she did? Maybe he's overwhelmed, he doesn't even know what he's talking about.

„It's the wrong time," Love said, but she felt her heart crack as the words left her mouth. „We're emotional, I almost had a heart attack, and the others are probably looking for us."

„You're right," he replied, defeat in his voice. She could see something change in his eyes, but before she could find out what it was, he has already gotten up from his previous spot, and now he was standing beside her, testing out his hands if they really worked.

Once he was sure both of his hands were back to normal, he offered a hand to help her up. She was sad that their beautiful moment was ruined and it will never come back, but she tried to savor the moment in her head.

As she got on her feet, she used too much force and lost her balance. If it wasn't for Corpse, she would most likely be face down on the cold pavement, but instead, she crashed into his chest. His hands subconsciously went to her waist to steady her against himself, and both of them needed a few moments to register how close they have gotten to each other.

„Sorry," Love breathed as she lift up her face to look at him. Her nose ached from the impact, but as soon as she felt a hand cup her left cheek, all the pain left.

„Don't," his voice was low, almost just a rumble. She could feel his voice vibrate through her body from his chest as she was pressed against him.

The young girl couldn't help but feel this incredible pull towards him like they were destined to be in this moment. All the things that happened before, all of them led here, and just as he said, it was so hard to ignore her feelings anymore.

Maybe she didn't want to anymore.

Maybe she had enough of the denial.

„I meant what I said," Corpse said, looking into her eyes. She could see that he really did, and it scared her a little bit. But in a good way.

„And I had enough ignoring it, too." Love mumbled, getting lost in his eyes, falling deeper and deeper with every second.

She felt his hand grip her waist firmer, now intentionally pulling her to him. His other hand – the one she massaged just minutes ago – was caressing her masked cheek, and she wished she could rip their masks off so she could feel his touch. She wanted to see him. She wanted everything he was.

„I wish I could kiss you, too," Her words slipped from her mouth, flowing in the air like fine silk, coating his mind like honey.

He tilted his forehead against hers as he took a deep breath in to try and calm himself down. She had no idea how her words affected him.

They stood there, under the stars, holding onto each other like there was nothing else in the world. She held onto his hand, pressing it against her face, feeling the warmth of his palm against her skin, despite the face mask. And despite the space between them and the masks that hid their face, making the kiss impossible right now – this was the most intimate moment they have ever experienced.