Thirty-One ♥ Not My Cup Of Tea

Soooo... Just found out it has been more 2 months since I uploaded a chapter. Let's just not talk about that.

I do have a whole new storyline in my head, tho! SO ENJOY READING PEOPLE! <3

>>><<<

You've been in America for almost two weeks now. It has been amazing! From a weird hot tub stream at Quackity's place, to literally going on a Dream SMP panel at Vidcon! It was so weird to have people wait in line for you for an hour just to get to talk to you for 2 minutes and take a quick picture. It sounds somewhat stupid, actually. But it was the most incredible experience ever!

Tomorrow you'll return to the UK again, and you don't really mind leaving the USA. The food here is pretty unhealthy in comparison to the UK, so you've had to wear an extra layer of make-up to hide all the impurities. The American people have been nice to you though, even Tommy doesn't have as big a hatred for Americans now. And of course, you miss a good cup of tea in the morning. You're a true British person.

After hanging out with many of your American online friends, you now finally have some alone time with Tommy. You noticed how he also longed back home, even though he is full of energy here as well. You wanted to end your last day in the USA well with a nice picnic. You chose a hiking trail with a nice view over a couple of hills and asked your twin to go with you. After laughing at you for several minutes about how cringe a picnic is, you finally convinced him after saying you will buy all the food.

So now you're walking past tall trees over a rocky path with your backpack full of food on your back. You frown at Tommy who's paying attention to his phone rather than the beautiful view around you. "Hey! Am I not interesting enough?", you say, trying to snatch the phone out of his hand, sadly without success. Tommy looks at you, a typical look on his face. After he stared at you for a couple of seconds, you say: "Nevermind. Don't answer that."

"But really," you continue, "can you please put your phone away? We're almost at the spot!" You really hope the eating spot you chose was just as good as it looked on Google Maps. Tommy mumbles something with a frown on his face, but ends up putting his phone away anyway. "Sorry," he says, "making some payments for my next vlog idea." Now you're interested. "What vlog idea?", you ask. He waves your question away as if it's not important. "Something in a studio, but you're not going to join it anyway."

You make a fake sad face, before quickly turning it into a smile as you point to a bench in the distance. It's almost perfect timing when you hear Tommy's stomach rumble loudly. You chuckle as you look at him. "You hungry?", you laugh. Your brother rolls his eyes. "I skipped breakfast for this! It better be good!", he says, picking up the pace to sit on the bench.

The cute wooden bench is placed in a space between the trees, with just a little opening in front of it. Through the opening, you can see that you're literally on the edge of the track, looking out over a beautiful valley of even more trees and a very small blue river running through it. Being at the start of the summer, the trees give off a bright green and the sky has been coloured blue with some fluffy clouds flying above you.

"What the heck, Tess? This is actually so cool! I didn't even know we were this high!", Tommy plops down onto the bench and you take a seat next to him. You actually expected more people to be here around lunchtime, but except for someone walking her dog in the distance, it's absolutely quiet. "Me neither! But I thought we had to spend our last lunch in America with a nice view!" You pull out your bag and get your sandwiches out of it.

Tommy takes the first bite, closes his eyes and lets go of a relieved sigh. "I needed that", he says, with his mouth still full. You laugh as you take a bite too. "The last weeks have been a bit chaotic, I must admit," you say, "I do miss my bed. And the dogs. Aw no, I miss the dogs!" You take another bite as Tommy punches your shoulder lightly. "If you're gonna cry, I'm leaving."

You roll your eyes and continue eating in a comfortable silence, enjoying the view in front of you. When Tommy swallows his last bite down, he suddenly says: "I think I want to move here." Your eyes go wide as you quickly want to swallow your bread, but it gets stuck and you almost choke. You pull your water bottle out of your bag and take a sip. When you can finally breathe normally again, you turn your whole body to your brother. "Excuse me?"

"I don't want to repeat it if you're gonna choke again!", he laughs. You shake your head and wave your hand in the air. "Stop it. I get it. It's beautiful here. But you would never ever leave England for America." Tommy shrugs as if it is the most normal case in the world that he wants to live in the USA. "But imagine how cool it would be. I actually talked to Russ about it already! I could make the best content ever, I could collab with more American Youtubers!"

You are now realizing that this is not just a silly joke. "But like... permanently? You moving to an apartment in Brighton was one thing, but I could just travel that by train! But America?" Tommy's face looks determined as he further explains his plan. "I don't know about how long, maybe it's just gonna be a quick stay. I've been thinking about doing something like a big charity project, and I want to do that while vlogging in New York!"

You let go of a deep breath as you stare into the distance. "That does sound pretty cool, Tom." Tommy straightens up and nods as he hears the first positive sentence from you. "I know right?! And I could meet Schlatt as well! Like, as the cherry on top!" You can't help but show a slight smile at his enthusiasm. "It sounds like I maybe can't change your mind anymore."

You think about all the things Tommy just said as you take a sip from your water. He does the same. After a while, he says: "And I want you to come with me!" You're shocked again, but you've learned from your past mistakes and first swallow your water properly before answering. "Me? Well... uh, I don't know about that, you know." Tommy takes the same position as before, like a businessman presenting his pitch.

"Tess, this would be so cool! I really wanted to do a big thing with you on Youtube for so long, but I never knew what! We could make daily vlogs filled with bullshit we do in New York. New York, Tess! I know you want to see the Statue of Liberty and Times Square! And you've been having a good time in America, right? I know being away from home is hard, but you're not a pussy either."

You try not to look in those begging eyes of your brother, as you try to imagine what this vlog series would look like. You do really want to go to New York sometime, and you would also appreciate some bonding time with your twin. The longer you think about Tommy's plan, the more you actually want to do it. "Okay. I will do it."

Tommy jumps up from the bench, pulls you up next to him and gives you a big hug. "Let's fucking go, Tess! This is gonna be amazing, I promise you!"

When you were walking towards this place just an hour ago, you were thinking about how you wanted to go back home and never leave England again for the next year. Now you just decided to change that year back to a month or two. Guess you'll be moving to the USA...?