Chapter 23: Cervix's Unstable Emotions/Battle against Vile

(Cervix is seen going to the streets.)

Blade Wolf (via codec): Cervix, you have almost reached World Marshal headquarters.

(Cervix fights some Atlas Corporation Military Police Officers

Blade Wolf (via codec): It appears there are enemies on the overpass. I suggest cutting the road supports. That should bring it down.

(Cervix cuts the bridge and brings the overpass down before fighting and destroying an UG, and then he proceeds into the streets. Suddenly Kingpin speaks to him.)

Boris (via codec): Enemy ahead, Raiden. Avoid fighting if you can...

(Cervix tries his best to avoid fighting, but he is eventually noticed.)

Policeman: Contact!

(He kills one of them.)

Policeman: Launching!

(During his fight, Cervix hears Blade Wolf speaking.)

Blade Wolf (via codec): The stock LQ-84 Fenrir. Unable to speak. A real dog has a far greater intellect.

(Cervix fights the Fefnir and defeats it before heading upstairs to the square. At the very top, broadcasted through huge street screens, he receives a call from Jetstream Sam, Jack Krauser, Commander Striker, Lincoln Black, James Gunsman and Splendont.)

Jetstream Sam: Seriously now, Cervix, isn't this all a bit much? Any decent lunatic would've quit after Mexico.

Cervix: Jetstream Sam, Jack Krauser, Commander Striker, Lincoln Black, James Gunsman and Splendont, .

Jack Krauser: I heard Zero chopped the lab director in half. Old habits die hard, oh, Darthquake? But now here you are, the human soldier, fighting for the people. Hahahahaha. Please. What do you expect to accomplish here? Play savior to a bunch of brains... and what? Earn a medal? Ah, but you're a man on a mission, aren't you... Gonna fix everything. Just you and your little sword there. Solve everything with violence, is that it?

Cervix: My sword is a means to an end: to protect those you'd pray on.

Commander Striker: Really? Lemme ask you: All those cyborgs you've killed, up to now... Maybe they were people. Have you ever thought about them? When you're chopping them into hamburger?

Cervix: (slightly uncertain) They're adults. They... made their choice.

Lincoln Black: Sure, they're adults. Sure they signed up for this. Right on the dotted line of their PMC contract. Usually they're no strangers to war. In fact, many times they already lost a limb or two. Many times they were out of work and starving on the street. So yes... They sign up for surgery, to fight God-knows-where. How else would you provide for your family when your country's embroiled in civil war? Pain receptors shut down, pumped full of fear-inhibiting nanomachines, and sent right into the blender... your blender... But they made their choice, right? Open your eyes and see, Cervix.

Cervix: I've seen plenty.