0️⃣ 4️⃣

We were sitting in a beautiful plane. It was very comfortable but still, I was very scared as this was my first time flying. And the fact that we were the only ones traveling in the entire plane was not helping with my anxiety.

On the entire drive from the police station to the airport, my brother never said a word to me. I guess he doesn't want to talk to me because I am mute. Like at school, no one even tried to be my friend, they were ashamed of me, like my brother.

Even I was so ashamed to meet my brother. He was dressed so well, not even a spec on his suit. Even his shoes were 100 times cleaner than mine. Whereas I have not taken a bath in the entire week. My clothes are torn. When he noticed my torn sleeve, he draped his suit jacket around me, making me realize how embarrassed he was of his destitute sister.

As the plane was taking off, I was so scared that I tightly held the armrests of my seat. I held it so tight that my knuckles turned white, I closed my eyes, praying that it gets over soon before your brother notices my fear.

I felt someone covering my hand and I flinched my hand away. I opened my eyes to see my brother's eyes penetrating me as if decoding me.

Thanks, Jesus that we were soon stable in the air, and now at least I could relax. I could hear my guardian clearing his throat, so I looked at him but instantly dropped my eyes to the ground as sir liked it.

"Alicia, I am sorry that I never introduced myself to you."

" I prefer that you look at me when I am speaking to you." He added a bit sternly and I instantly looked at him. I guess I'll have to follow new rules here.

"Good, now I am Lucas, the eldest one among your five brothers."

5, I have FIVE brothers. My eyes widened at this new piece of information.

"Yes you have five brothers and you are the youngest. I understand all this would be very new for you. It's new for us even. Don't worry we'll get over it."

He stopped talking as a beautiful stewardess came over and asked him if he would like to have something.
But instead of replying to her, Lucas asked me the same question. I hesitantly shook my head and he dismissed the hostess. It was the first time when I was asked instead of ordered.

"Alicia I want you to communicate with me." I got tensed that he would forcefully make me speak.
Whatever sir did he never forced me to speak, he said my voice gave him a headache and that I should thank my lucky stars that I am mute or else he would have to chop off my tongue.

" Are you comfortable writing your responses?" I instantly relaxed and nodded my head, not wanting to get him angry.

"Great " Then he messaged something and the stewardess came back with a diary and a pen.
It was like magic, here you get what you wish for.

"So Alicia you can write your answers here, Ok" I nodded again.

"Tell me are you selectively mute or some accident happened?"

Selectively I wrote in the diary. This time he nodded.

"Do you want to ask me something or otherwise you can rest?"

My full name. I asked, I hope I don't get punished for asking as he was the one who offered.
I only knew my first name, Alicia, sir rarely called me by that name, he addressed me as a slut, whore, bad luck, idiot, stupid, etc, etc. My name was like venom in his mouth.

"Alicia Ximena Ortiz. Do you want to know how you got this name?

I nodded

"When you were born, there was a name war in the family. Our parents wanted to name you Alicia and we, your brothers wanted to name you Ximena. That's why you are the only person in the family with a middle name. And we all call you Xia which is a mix of both names."

He told me with a smile. I had tears in my eyes when he finished. This was the first time, I heard something good or loving about me.

I know all this will be gone when we reach our home. When we are alone. I'll be punished the same. That's my destiny.

"Now you rest, princesa."

And I closed my eyes for a while but didn't know when sleep overtook me.

Lucas's pov

Xia was not the cheerful, happy, little spoiled girl that I expected her to be, instead, she was a scared, flinching mute girl. Her torn clothes and disheveled hairs make me feel guilty when I was Living a luxurious life my sister was struggling to even have proper clothes.

I have to go in-depth about how her stepfamily was. Their involvement in a drug scandal makes me question the environment in which Alicia is brought up.

I felt heartbroken when she asked me about her name. The only thing that kept me sane in all those years was her memories and she didn't even know her Full name.

Xia looked so calm while she was sleeping just like an innocent baby. I couldn't resist so I clicked her picture.

mi ángel inocente.
(my innocent angel...)
________________________________

Note:

Whatever Alicia writes in her diary as a response would be mentioned in bold. So don't get confused.

Happy reading :)