3️⃣ 9️⃣

Alicia's pov

Today was the day. Ball party day.
I have no idea what my introverted self would do among hundreds of mafia families. I can't believe that I am one of them now. And I am happy that I'll have it no other way.

Today I pledged to myself that I'll stop thinking about my past and embrace this gift God endowed on me as my family. I promise to appreciate and cherish it forever.

Collecting my thoughts, I got out of my bed and went in search of my family. My two adorable bodyguards following me - Ferocia.

Today is the event and I don't even know where's the venue or what I am wearing, my dress. I have no idea.

I went to the dining room. I was instantly served breakfast. I thanked Clara for the pancakes. Grandma told me the itinerary for the day.

We were supposed to head towards the venue at 3'o clock. The team of make-up artists will come around 12 to help everyone get ready.

The itinerary for the party was an introduction of all families, followed by a crowning ceremony for me. Then an hour of dancing and mingling. Ending with dinner.

I won't lie, I was nervous. This was my first time attending any party. And this was a very big and important event. Being the princess of the strongest mafia, all eyes would be on me. I don't want to mess it up.
Help me mumma.
I need your blessing today and always.

"After your breakfast, meet me in the library Alicia," Grandpa said and left the room.

Now I was a bit more scared.
I ate the food in front of me at the slowest speed possible but unfortunately, all good things eventually come to an end.

I walked to the library at a tortoise pace.
I knocked on the door twice and went in when I heard a 'come in'.

"have a seat, Xia." I was shocked.

"Anything wrong?" he asked looking at my stunned face.

"you, you called me Xia, not Alicia."

"I know princess, like everyone else, you also think that your Tito is a stone-cold man with no heart or feelings. Maybe that's true but when I saw you in front of my eyes after 11 long years, this stone of a man wept for the first time in his life."

I couldn't stop my tears and ran into his arms.

"then why didn't you give me a hug or even a smile like others?"

"I had an image to keep princess." he chuckled. Oh my God.
Tito chuckled, am I imagining things now? This can't be true, right?

"Dear, if I pampered and showered you with love and care, then what would have challenged you to take the 'Los Lobos' test? You would have given up as everyone had asked you to. They all love you but their love would have made your determination weak.
From the day you were born, I knew you were a fighter but when I met you after 11 years, I saw that fighter hidden under all the doubts and questions. I wanted you and the world to meet the real you. And here you are today my fighter, my princess."

"Thank you Tito for pushing me to take this test. When I came here I was showered with so much love and pampering, after 11 years of pain and ignorance. I felt overwhelmed. It felt unreal, I got everything that I couldn't have even dreamed of. I felt that I didn't deserve all this.
Initially, when some of my brothers didn't accept me, I understood that but when eventually everyone poured love on me I was scared.
But after the test, it felt like I was also a part of this group. I felt like I deserved this pampering because at least I had put some effort into it. I have proved myself and not took everything that was served to me on a golden platter."
I confessed everything to Grandpa that I hadn't even mentioned to Dad.

"Xia you belong here and here only. Those 11 years of nightmare will always be part of who you are. You can never forget it so it's better to accept it, learn from it and move on along with it. Don't ever give your nightmare enough power that they enslave you and rule your future. You, my love, hold the reins. Let your past be your strength, not your weakness. Embrace it. It shows you are a fighter.
Wear your scars proudly, princess. They show what you have been through and still standing here tall with your head held high. You are way stronger than you let yourself believe."

"Thanks, Tito. I needed this talk." I hugged him for a few more minutes then pecked his cheek and ran away from the library.

I went to my room and quickly took a bath because soon the people would come to get me ready for the big event.
After talking with Grandpa, I felt more confident about the event. I now know that I won't mess it up as I have my family behind me to catch me if I ever falter. My mom above me to guide me to the right path. And my strength within me to face every speed breaker that gets in my way.

I am ready to face the night.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It's 2.45 and finally, I am ready after a long torturing session. When I looked in the mirror, I didn't realise the person in front of me. Her gown was so pretty and her make-up was spot on. She looked so confident and beautiful, like a true princess. That girl was me.

I went downstairs everyone was already there

"I am sorry I got late," I said and everyone realised my presence and looked at me. They were shocked. I know I am looking different but good. I hope I am up to their expectations.

"Please say something, I am getting nervous now," I said as I got down the last step. Ferocia joined me on my every side.

Finally, everyone came back to their senses and I was showered with compliments from everyone. Grandpa didn't say a word but gave me a small smile when no one was noticing.

We all went in different cars and headed to the venue, which would take us an hour to get to.