2️⃣ 5️⃣

25th chapter on 25th of December

Alicia's pov

The first class was in English literature. I entered the room, the class hadn't started yet, still, half of the room was already full.

I found an empty seat in the middle of the room and sat there. A few minutes later, a group of three girls came and stood next to me and one in the middle said,

"It's my seat, move." she seemed a bit too rude. I didn't want to argue with anyone on my first day so I sifted two seats back.

That girl didn't even sit on the chair I vacated, instead she sat somewhere in the back. Why the hell did she ask me to move? When I was looking at her (more like glaring) she smirked at me, as if stating her powers.

I didn't want to ruin my day so I gave my full concentration to the teacher who just entered the room. She called me out,

"We have a new student among us. Would you like to introduce yourself, dear?"

I stood in my place and said,
"Hello everyone, my name is Alicia Ortiz and I am 14. Thank you."

As soon as I said 'Ortiz', there were some gasps, some stunned faces. I wonder what reputation my brothers had built here.

It was getting awkward so I quickly sat back and the teacher continued with her lecture.

That was exactly how my classes went before lunch.
I didn't talk with any other students but it wasn't anything strange for me. The only issue was lunch, I don't want my brothers to think I am a loner. So I slowly made my way towards the hall.

While entering I collided with a human wall, that turned out to be my brother Yahel.
"Hey, mariposa I was coming to get you only. Now you can sit with us, I even brought your lunch with mine."

"Gracias oso" (thanks bear)

"Oolala Spanish chica"

"I am trying to catch up."

We went to the huge table in the center of the room. Twins were already there, sitting with an empty chair between them. Yahel guided me to that chai and he sat in front of me. The rest of the table was filled with boys and a few girls who I assume are my brothers' friends.

All of my brothers slid a plate of food toward me. I was shocked to see three different plates placed in front of me from three different directions. One from the left, another from the right, and another from the front.

"What's happening?" I asked no one.

"Looks like we all bought lunch for you. Princess" Felipe said sheepishly.

"How will I finish all of this now"

"You pick anyone, we won't mind," Issac said.

I can smell something deeper in his words. I know this is not that simple, picking one plate would hurt the other two of my brothers. They all were so thoughtful towards me and bought me lunch, I can't make them sad.

So I picked an apple from Felipe's plate, a sandwich from Isaac's, and juice from the tray that Yahel bought.

They all smiled at me, while Felipe side-hugged me.

"How was your day Xia," Yahel asked me while eating his lunch.

"Good" I replied not wanting to talk further.

"Made any friends, yet," he asked an unwanted question again.

"Um No not yet"

"Good," said Isaac, interrupting Yahel and my conversation. I gave him a questioning look.

He whispered in my ear,
"We are Mafia, princess. We don't make friends easily, we don't trust people at once. Test them. Let them prove that they deserve you."

I was awestruck. I was delighted listening to Issac's reply. He would have been a good lawyer as he plays so well with words.
He somehow turned my weakness into my strength. While I was wanting to avoid the question, he made me feel proud of my answer.

Stuffed. While I barely managed to finish my lunch, my brothers happily finished all the extra plates.

I was so full as Yahel guilt-trapped me about wasting food and fed me an extra apple and Felipe added fries to the list.

"Guys I love you all but please I'll buy my lunch from tomorrow."

Saying that we all bust out laughing. By the time we managed to control our laughter, all the students were looking at us, struck dumb.
It was like they saw something unbelievable.

*awkward silence

Thank God the bell chose this moment to ring and end the lunch and this stupid awkwardness.

Again Felipe dropped me at my class, before going to his.

That's all that happened (along with some studies) on my first day in a new school.

__________________

🎅🎄🎁
Merry Christmas to all the lovely readers out there...
I wish for your holidays to be filled with many big smiles and big celebrations - but hopefully not big credit card bills!

Be a Santa for me and let your Votes and Comments be a present for me.

Merry reading :)