1️⃣ 7️⃣

Lucas's pov

Now it's high time, I have to take matters into my hands now. It was wrong to think that Issac Or Martin will learn to respect and care for their sister by spending some time with her. But clearly, it's not working.
Alicia herself is going through a tough patch in life, she needs all the love and care to fight her past demons.

I individually talked to both Issac and Martin to know what was the root of their issue with Xia.

.
.
.
I talked with Issac.
He was scared that Alicia will leave again just like before. This fear stops him from breaking his walls. I know his fear was somewhat reasonable because first Alicia was gone then mom died and dad also left.
I understand that he no longer trusts his heart with anyone.

"Isaac I understand that you are not ready to get along with Alicia so that I day she leaves us again and I know if that happens we all would be too broken to ever mend again.

But that's what we hear brothers gotta do. This time we are strong enough to not let anyone harm her. It is our responsibility to protect her. Life wasn't easy for Alicia. What if I tell you that if you didn't let her in, she might be out of our lives, forever this time? She needs us, Isaac."

"What do you mean she might be leaving us forever?"

"Issac Alicia's so-called parents were abusive, her body is covered in scars. We didn't notice the reason behind her flinching, her muteness, and her eating disorders. I had some doubts but yesterday the doctor confirmed it."

"Wh-what this can't be true. Lucas, she was hurting all this time and I treated her so badly, I was so mean to her."

"Isaac I would suggest you mend your relationship with her, ask for forgiveness, and make it up to her. She will be discharged today.

Moreover, I'll be leaving you in charge for tomorrow as I'll be out of the country."

"is Martin going with you?"

"No, but I don't trust his anger around Alicia. You may leave and you are no longer grounded but gym continues."

"Thanks, Lucas." I nodded and Issac left.

Before calling Martin for a talk, I made a few calls,
One to Alicia's hometown police. It's time I pay a visit to those druggies.

Next to the person who's gotta make an entry as soon as possible before things get out of hand here.
.
.
.
After an hour of talking with Martin and I concluded that he blamed everything on Alicia. Mom's death, her sickness, broken family. He blamed it all on a 2-year-old girl. Sick.

I know he was very close to mom but this isn't justifiable. It is like he just needed someone to vent his anger on, someone to put all the blame on. And that someone turned out to be Alicia.

I already had a headache trying to talk some sense into him but this obstinate man is simply an idiot.

"Mark I can't deal with you anymore, I have to discharge Alicia from the hospital. But listen carefully I'll be going out tomorrow so you make sure you are nowhere near Alivia. Or better stay at your penthouse for a few days to clear your mind. You are in charge of the headquarters for tomorrow."

"And for your punishment, you will be handling legal business for a month. You may leave."

I know I just asked Martin to leave the house, but he needs to cool down and get his shit together. For fuck's sake he is my underboss, I expect him to act maturely and use his head instead of his anger.

That's why he got that punishment. He hates the drama that accompanies office work. He hates to sit in the office, attend meetings, and sign papers.
But it's about time that Martin learn that not every problem can be solved with a gun. It is time he takes some responsibility and steps up his game.

Alicia's pov:

As we entered the mansion, Issac was standing there holding balloons. Wait WHAT. Lemme check again. Yes Oh my god he was actually holding balloons, it was no mirage. And the balloons were so funny and I can't help smiling at them.

 And the balloons were so funny and I can't help smiling at them

He left the balloons and knelt in front of me.
"Alicia I am warning you that I am no good at this shit. All I wanna say is that I am so- that I want to apologize for the way I treated you. I know that I haven't been the best brother to you but if you can then please forgive me. This is no excuse but when you were gone 11 years ago, everyone was broken, I was broken and I was scared that if I got close to you now I won't be able to bear the pain of losing you again.
You are our sister Alicia and I- I am sorry for saying otherwise. I am a bad brother I know but-"

I didn't let him continue as I hugged him too tightly. I couldn't stop my tears from falling but they were happy tears. I was happy that he hugged me back. Minutes later Felipe and Yahel also joined us.

"Get off boys Xia needs to rest, now" Lucas interrupted our hug and guided me to my bedroom.

The first time someone tucked me in bed and kissed my forehead. I was instantly numbed in a peaceful slumber.

_________________________
TaDa✨
One more chapter is done.

A little violent chapter coming soon but don't skip it (it's a mafia book remember.)
Though it might take some time as I am not that good at writing blood, action, and violence. But let's hope for the best.

Btw who do you think Lucas made the second call? Any guesses?

Did you like this chapter?
Comment and lemme know.

Happy reading :)