2️⃣ 4️⃣

"Alicia wake up."

"Just two more minutes please."

"No, not a minute more. You said the same thing half an hour ago."

I was so sleepy that I ignored dad's words and pulled the blanket over my head and rolled the other side.

"Come on Xia you don't want to be late on your first day of school now, do you?."

The school was enough to get me completely awake.

"School."

"Yes, baby remember you are starting classes today."

"Now I do. What's the time."

"It's barely enough if you want to be on time. Buck up now. You freshen up while I have already picked out the clothes for you to save time."

"Thank you, Papa."

I rushed to the bathroom, brushed, and took a quick shower. Dressed and styled my hair. Finally arranged my bag and went downstairs.

All the brothers were already seated at the dining table. Lucas was doing something on his iPad, and Dad and Issac were talking about something. Martin was drinking some green stuff. Looks weird to me. Felipe was devouring his breakfast while Yahel was barely keeping awake, I am worried that he might dunk his face in the bowl of cereal in front of him.
That would be a funny scene.

As I got seated, Clara brought a bowl of cereal for me with some freshly chopped fruits on the side.

"Thank you, Clara."

"You are welcome, dear. Let me know if you want something else."

I nodded and smiled at her.

Soon we all were done eating.

"All four of you shall go together in one car and princess best of luck for your first day." dad said as he hugged me.

"Boys take care of her and Alicia focus on your studies, no missing classes (he said sternly but then his voice softened) If anyone troubles you or makes you uncomfortable, tell us immediately okay," said Lucas.

"Okay Viejo." (old man")

"Umm Alicia I also wanna say something, remember you are no weakling. You are an Ortiz and we always keep our heads high. "

"Thanks, Martin for reminding me that I am a mafia princess not some damsel in distress. I'll try my best to make you all proud."

"You are already doing a good job without trying much princess." papa said.

"we can talk more but then we'll miss school and all this motivation will be in vain," commented Isaac.

"no need to be sarcastic Mr. Issac and move you four."  said dad and we all went to the garage.

We drove in a black car. Issac was behind the wheel. Yahel called shotgun so now grumpy Felipe and I went into the back.

Believe me, I am not exaggerating when I say that Isaac drives the car like a maniac.
I won't be surprised if this turns out to be the last ride of my life.

Whenever I shouted at him to slow down, he would drive even faster. Both Yahel and Felipe were enjoying the ride and were bobbing their heads to some song blasting through the radio.

Surprisingly we made it to the school in one piece. Do I have to bear this every day? God gave mercy on me.

As we got off the car, together we went inside the building. Whoever saw us kind of had the same reaction. They stopped, gawked then talked.

I guess my brothers were some popular lads. They even fit the typical bad-boy description- rich, arrogant, and good-looking.
It's gonna be hard to deal with such attention.

My brothers have already set the mark. I hope that I measure up to that.

Yahel and Issac, both wished me luck and then headed to their respective ways. Felipe stayed back with me and together we went to get my schedule. Later he dropped me at my first class.

I was a bit nervous about the school. In my previous school, I was a nobody. Maximum people there didn't even know of m existence.
I wasn't bullied there, it was limited to my home only. There I was simply invisible.

But in this school the story is different. I am no longer a mute girl. My popular brothers have my back here. Even my name is changed.

Back then I was just Alicia, now I am Alicia Ximena Ortiz.

Martin said it right, I must have my head high.

________________________

In this season of giving, I am giving you all my lovely readers --- 'An update' (drumroll 🥁)

Happy reading :)