4️⃣ 3️⃣

Alicia's Pov

Oh God, My head is throbbing. Like someone is hitting me with a hammer. It seems like a struggle to open my eyes. I wriggled my arms but they weren't moving as if they were tied with ropes. I took a few deep breaths and managed to open my eyes. My surroundings were very dark and some weird smell was coming, making my head hurt more.

Where was I? Why do my hands feel numb? What's going on?

I closed my eyes for a few moments, trying to gather my senses and recall whatever I could.

Clarice, night out, dance, drink, fainted.

I slowly recollected all the snippets of the previous night. Clarice, where is she, I hope she is alright.

I looked around, this place is very similar to the attic I lived in before reuniting with my family. My hands and legs were tied with thick ropes while I was sitting on a chair. Typical kidnapping scene.

The room was dimly lit with a small bulb that was blinking now and then and could give up anytime.

I surveyed around if I could find any clue of where I was or how could I possibly escape or at least who my kidnappers were. The nagging smell suggests that this place was shut for a long time. I looked at my chest, not finding the locket that Lucas gave me. God where it might be, it had a tracker on it.

I wriggled around, moving the chair with me and shouted for if someone was nearby.

The only exit was the door, there were no windows in sight.

"Good morning sleeping beauty." Someone said as the door opened.

"Clarice," I said. But she busted out laughing.

"Try Kira, Your Highness. Clarice was a real innocent girl that name didn't suit me. Unfortunately, I had to kill her and her parents to take her place and be her. Her documents helped me in getting admission to your school and be your shy, sweet, innocent friend." She laughed even louder this time. Her laugh is damn irritating.

"Why did you do all this? Who are you? Why did you kidnap me like this?" I asked. I still can't believe that a girl who looked so innocent would turn out to be a devil.

"tch tch, so many questions, don't worry I'll clear all your doubts before putting a bullet between your eyes." And she laughed again. I would let her go for all this kidnapping bullshit but if she laughed once more, I'll kill her with my bare hands.

"But before that let me be a good host like Clarice and give you a warm welcome." thankfully, this time she didn't laugh instead she clapped her hands twice. Two men entered the room.

As if they were waiting for their turn only, instantly they started punching and slapping me. It's nothing new for me, Sir and Madam had trained me for even worse than this. I tolerated their every kick and slap without shedding a drop of tears. This seemed to infuriate Clarice, ops Kira, so she added some broken glass bottles and whips to the mix. I didn't cry but was on the edge of fainting, that's when she stopped and left the room.
Finally, I took a deep breath, ahh, it hurts. Sleep took over all the pain and gave me relief. Good night to all this pain. With the last thought of my family, I lost consciousness.

Lucas's Pov

I was feeling anxious when I woke up. I went to the gym to get rid of all the stupid thoughts but it didn't help at all.

So I went to Xia's room, which has been my only source of comfort and peace in the past. But seeing her room empty after so many months, increased my heartbeats. I felt difficulty breathing. I quickly took out my phone to dial her number but it was too early for her to be awake. So instead I dialled the number of the guards that were stationed outside Clarice's house.

I took turns calling both of them but none of them answered. I was feeling scared now, I opened the tracking app on my phone, which showed the location of the guard's car. It was still there outside the girl's home, so why weren't they answering?

I rushed out of Xia's room and went to the car. As I was leaving, Martin saw me and questioned my concern. Usually, I didn't display emotions openly so he knew it was something serious. He sat in the car, while I drove. On the way, I told him everything. He assured me that nothing bad would happen, but I could hear doubt clouding his voice.

We spotted the guard's car outside Clarice's house, both the guards were in the car but on closer inspection, we found them dead. They were shot in the head. It was the work of some professional shooter.

Martin and I ran inside the house to find it neatly arranged but empty. There was no sign of any break-ins, it looked untouched.

Being the mafia leader, I can tell this was all very carefully executed and preplanned abduction. I have no clue who the kidnappers could be or where Xia might be.

Martin called our men and asked them to prepare a burial for the guards and inform their families. I called a meeting at Ortiz palace with the rest of the family, my loyal men and Italian mafia leaders as well.

We share a strong bond with them and when my Xia is at stake, I need all the help available. Next I asked my man to track for Alicia's pendant.

Everyone got to work. My brothers, dad and Tita- Tito, everyone was heartbroken and shaken by the news of Alicia being missing. I was working like a robot, fining for any tiny little clue that would help me in finding my little rabbit. I haven't processed my emotions yet, I don't have time, my princess needs me.

________________

Happy reading :)