Chapter 28

The next day Roshi was hanging out with Belle and Peyton at Peyton's house. Peyton's house wasn't huge like Dev's, but it was definitely bigger than Roshi and Belle's. Because of that they could hang out in the basement and watch TV and have privacy being far away from anyone else in the house.

Kaya's parents were out of town so I spent the night last night, Belle said. Like what did you do, Peyton said. She had tons of lingerie and just modeled it all for me, Belle said. And they have a hot tub and she wore the tiniest string bikini, her body is so fucking hot when it's wet, Belle said. Roshi's eyes went wide, unsure of how to respond.

Is that TMI, Belle asked. You've been telling us every tiny detail for the last week and now you're asking if you're telling us too much, Roshi asked. Sorry, Belle said laughing. I mean, yeah, it's been a lot, but I'm not getting any so I'm living vicariously through you, Peyton said laughing.

So what is this exactly, Roshi asked. What do you mean, Belle asked. I mean, did you ever figure out what she wants out of this, Roshi asked, does she want to be with you. I don't know, Belle said. You didn't ask, Roshi asked. Belle shook her head.

Belle you have to ask, Roshi said. I know, Belle said. Then why haven't you, Roshi asked. Because I don't want this to end, Belle said, I'm scared. This isn't going to be enough for you, after a while you're going to want more, Roshi said. Maybe I won't, maybe this is enough for me, Belle offered. So if Kaya went to the next school dance with some guy, you wouldn't care, Roshi asked.

Roshi, Peyton said. She needs to think about this, Roshi said. I don't know, Belle said quietly. I know this is all fun right now, and it's easy to get lost in that, I just don't want to see you get hurt, Roshi said. I know, Belle said.

After a moment of awkward silence Belle spoke up again. Do you want to know what else we did, Belle asked. I guess, Roshi said sounding bored. Belle laughed. Roshi had no idea Belle was like this. Why would Roshi? This was the first time Belle had every "dated" anyone. If this could even be called dating.

The whole thing goes to show that you can never really know someone unless you openly talk to them about everything. You can never assume. 

The next day was Monday which was normally the most dreaded day of the week. But this Monday Roshi was looking forward to it. Because Dev was going to tell her how he felt after what she sent him on Saturday after Gharba.

She saw him at Calc. Hey, she said smiling. Hi, he said returning her energy. You feeling better, he asked. Yeah it's always just the first 2 days that are rough, she said. He nodded. He looked down at his textbook. Roshi couldn't stop staring at him. He noticed.

Rosh, he said quietly. Yeah, she said biting her lip. Secret dating, he reminded her. Oh yeah, she said. She turned forward as she looked through her textbook also. Hey Dev, she heard someone say. She looked up to see Kaya walk in.

You left your Calculus notes at the table, she said. Oh thanks, he said as she handed the notes to him. Roshi and Kaya smiled at each other as Kaya walked out. Roshi watched her go. She wondered if Kaya knew how much Belle had told her about them.

You don't need to be jealous of her, Dev said. Huh, Roshi asked. I think she's over me, Dev said. Why do you think that, Roshi asked. She's been different since Homecoming, Dev said. Like how, Roshi asked.

She still hangs out with us, but she's not like flirty anymore, it's weird, Dev said. Oh cause you miss it, Roshi asked sarcastically. No, just, she's been like that the entire time I've known her, I just thought that was her personality, Dev said. But maybe it wasn't and now she's finally moved on, Dev said.