Epilogue

How could you do this to me, Roshi said as her hands were now the ones shaking. Dev stepped in to touch her.

Don't, she said moving away from him. I think I'm gonna throw up, she said as she ran to a bathroom on the ground floor. She slammed the door behind her as she knelt over the toilet and hurled into it. Once she was done she flushed the toilet and washed her mouth in the sink. She looked at her eyes in the mirror. They were bloodshot red.

She opened the door to see Dev stand near by. I'm going home, she said. No, no, we're not gonna leave it like this, he said blocking her way. This was one mistake, don't forget everything we have because I got drunk one night and did something stupid, he said.

She walked away from him and went into the dining room to get her backpack, again he blocked her way. Everything I have ever said to you, is completely and entirely true, he said. I love you more than anyone could ever love someone, he said. Then why would you do this to me, she said calmly. 

She grabbed her backpack off the floor. Baby, please, Dev said as he ran up to her and hugged her causing her to drop her backpack. She tried to push him off but he wouldn't move. Up until this point she had mostly held it together, but she couldn't help it and started bawling.

You're my sun, my moon, my future, my life, he said. Remember, he asked as he moved his hand down to her wrist. The wrist that had the string from Diwali. She looked at it. Baby remember, he asked again as he kissed around her face. He kissed her mouth. It was a sloppy, wet, mess as they were both covered in tears. She moved away as he finally freed her from the hug.

Roshi composed herself and walked into the kitchen. Dev followed her. She took a paper towel and blew her nose and wiped her face. She handed one to him as well. He did the same. She went to the cutlery set and took the scissors. She put them into the string and cut it. Dev watched as it fell off her wrist. She handed him the scissors as she walked out. 

---THE STORY CONTINUES---