Aftermath

Lance smiled looking around the crowds of people, they had won.

Another battle under his belt.

The bad guys, HYDRA was it? They were gone and the people were safe. He couldn't help but feel a little proud about this.

"Mum! Mum where are you?"

Lance turned to see a young girl, 5 or 6 years old, her brown hair was messy and her green eyes were red with tears.

Some people looked at her worriedly but did noting.

Lance felt his heart crack slightly, he knew that feeling, the helplessness of having no one to help.

He couldn't stand by and do nothing.

"Hey." Lance called body and mouth running before he even thought about it. He knelt down at the girls eye level. "Hey what's wrong?"

"I lost my mummy and daddy." She cried, shaking. "I can't find them anywhere."

Lance looked around, a lot of people were staring at him blankly. "We can't have that." Lance decided softly swallowing a lump in his throat. "Come on."

He lifted her up placing her on his shoulders. "When you spot her shout as loud as you can." Lance stated giving her hand a squeeze. "What does your mum look like?"

"She looks like me." The young girl admitted shakily. "I can't see her."

Lance frowned before reaching into the pouch on his hip. "Shout as loudly as you can into this." Lance smirked before he held up his gauntlet. "Let her hear you."

The little girl took the piece and took a deep breath. "Mum!" She shouted the sound echoing through the crowd.

Everyone fell silent and all gazes moved to them.

"Lizzie!"

Lance smiled brightly when he spotted the woman moving swiftly towards them.

"That's my mum." The girl cheered as Lance slowly set her down just as her mother and father appeared through the crowds.

"Oh my darling girl." The woman said hurriedly pressing a kiss to her forehead. "I thought I had lost you, I'm so sorry."

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" The father asked.

"No daddy, I'm okay." Lizzie smiled hugging them both. "He helped me."

Lance gave a shy wave getting appreciative smiles in response.

"Thank you for helping us find our daughter." The father stated standing up to shake his hand. "I mean it, thank you."

Lance smiled. "It's no problem, but I should go find-"

"There you are." Steve sighed as he arrived next to him squeezing his shoulder. "We thought we had lost you."

"You're with the Avengers?" Lizzie's father asked with a startled look. "I didn't know, I am so sorry, I should have recognised you."

"No, it's okay really." Lance cut in swiftly. "I'm not an Avenger, I... I'm just staying with them for a while."

The father nodded before he turned back to his family.

"Come on, we want to show you something." Steve smiled wrapping his arm around Lance's shoulders.

He lead him up some stairs to where the other avengers were standing. They all smiled in his direction.

"We thought you'd been kidnapped." Clint teased.

"Who me? Nah." Lance smiled. "I'm a little smarter then that."