Fault

Lance was very much aware of the heat persisting in growing under his skin.

His veins burned with heat and he was sure he was going to burn from the inside out.

He wasn't strapped down any more. He was sat on the floor with his back against the carriage wall. Everything was swaying and he couldn't tell if it was the train or the poison.

He had thrown up twice already, his stomach shutting down with the need to fight whatever she had put in him.

Her name escaped him currently and he couldn't be bothered with it.

The green lady had come back seemed excited by the idea that Lance was incapable of doing anything right now.

She had talked about someone somewhere coming to do something.

Lance couldn't keep up.

His eyes hurt.

His head hurt too.

And so he let his eyes close, let his mind dream as the stuff in him messed his body up further.

He dreamed of purple lights, screams and screeches and pain, the pain eventually woke him and he gave a pitiful cry with it.

"That's the poison slowly killing you."

Lance sobbed squeezing his eyes shut. He wanted Blue, he wanted her there to tell him he was okay.

He just needed-

Another bolt of pain as someone pulled his hair.

"Ah." He whimpered, his tear rimmed eyes searching for who was holding his head at such an awkward angle.

The lady in green.

"Oh he looks perfect, so close to death." She chuckled stroking his cheek. "Don't worry, you'll still be useful even when you're dead."

"Nngnn."

She dropped his head and Lance slumped. He couldn't feel his toes or his fingers. Was that normal?

His insides gave a vicious lurch and he found himself almost gagging.

Someone tipped him forward and the water from his stomach came back up across the train carriage.

"He's a messy cub, huh?"

His head banged back against the wall with no real force, he just couldn't keep it upright.

He felt entirely useless.

~~~

Steve clambered up the side of the train then pulled Natasha up.

Bucky held the steering wheel of the car they had stolen before he turned to Steve and jumped.

Finally all three of them were on the train.

"Where's Lance?" Bucky asked.

"Next carriage." Natasha shouted back as the wind whipped unceasing around them.

She took a step forward when a bullet came through the roof.

She glanced back at Steve who moved his shield Natasha rolled forwards and sprinted for the next carriage, Steve slashed into the metal roof and then dropped in.

The carriage was filled with HYDRA guards. Steve heard Bucky land behind him.

"Afternoon." Steve offered before diving into the fray.

~~~

Natasha skidded to a stop on the carriage roof, she flicked her grappling line into place then dropped.