Secured

"That was awesome!"

Lance chuckled twisting the black lion to collect Thor and Vision before heading back to earth.

He had pushed the rock a fair distance from the earth's atmosphere just to be sure that it wouldn't cause too much damage later.

"And the Avengers save the day again." Lance grinned when Thor arrived in the cockpit.

He patted Lance on the shoulder with a bright smile. "We would not have attained this victory without you friend."

"I don't know about that, but I am glad I got to help." Lance shrugged. "Shall we go and tell the others?"

"Aye, and Vision, you fought valiantly too."

"I do not have emotions, therefore I cannot display courage or determination." Vision answered. "But I thank you for you're comment."

Lance laughed softly to himself. "Today has been a really weird day."

He went to move the black lion back towards earth when he saw something on his scanners.

"What is that?" Thor asked as he leaned against the back of Lance's chair.

"I have no idea." Lance mumbled. "Normally a ship that small would cloak, unless they wanted to be found."

"What should we do?"

"Let's fly down there and catch up with the others. Then we can figure out what's going on."

~~~

"You turn up out of nowhere and save the day every time." Bruce smiled offering Lance a high-five. "Glad to have you back."

Lance smirked at him. "Once we cleared the atmosphere it was easy."

"Clean up protocal is activated and I've got some of my best guys working on fixing this crater." Tony explained as he walked over. "We should probably head back and get you checked out kiddo, that scar doesn't look good."

Lance frowned and lifted his hand to where Tony had gestured. He had a scar there, from where?

"Lance?" Natasha asked softly. "Are you okay?"

"I... I don't know how I got this." He breathed. "Why don't I remember?"

"Easy." Natasha whispered squeezing his arm. "We'll figure it all out. Right now let's just focus on getting home, okay?"

Lance nodded and tried to push all his anxiety away. Then he remembered. "We saw a ship in the atmosphere, was it one of the jets?"

"No, I don't think any of the jets were launched." Tony answered.

"This day is so weird." Bruce frowned.

Then he sensed it. Something in the distance slowly getting closer.

He pulled away from Natasha's grasp to squint at the horizon.

"What is that?" Clint asked clearly being able to see it better than anyone else.

"That's the Galran fighter." Lance realised before he glanced to Tony. "What is it doing here?"

"This is not me kiddo." Tony assured shaking his head. "I have no idea how anyone even accessed it."

"Then maybe it's time to find out." Lance decided narrowing his eyes at the ship that was getting closer. "Easy on the collection Red."

The red lion roared and launched into the air. The closer and closer the ship got the more the Avengers fell quiet.

Lance ignored them. This was something he was used to and he wanted to check this for himself.

Red came swooping back across, her jaws snapping closed around the ship before turning to slowly land on the helicarrier with them.

Lance scowled at the potential of having to fight again, he just wanted to get some answers.

"Come out with your hands up." Lance ordered as the green Bayard formed in us hand. "You're surrounded."

~~~

"He's got my Bayard." Pidge breathed her jaw dropping.

"What do we do?" Hunk asked shakily. "They look ready to attack anything that moves."

"If we do as they say maybe Lance will see us." Coran offered. "We have his attention now."

Keith groaned and pushed past them all, he made his way down the ramp of the red lions mouth. He made immediate eye contact with Lance staring him down.

He noticed the exact moment Lance realised. His grip tightened on Pidge's Bayard and his eyes widened.

"Stop." He said and it sounded so uncertain, like he still didn't believe it.

Keith did as he was told holding his hands up in a surrender.

"Clint... C-can you see him?" Lance mumbled glancing momentarily to the man standing beside him with a bow.

"Yeah, I can." The man nodded.

"Describe him." Lance breathed, he still hadn't broken eye contact with Keith.

"What's going-"

"Please." Lance sounded so desperate and it made Keith take a step forward.

"Stay where you are." A woman frowned a gun aimed right at his head.

Keith glared at her.

"He doesn't trust his own mind." A woman with long hair explained making Lance's gaze drift to her. She tilted her head at him. "What you can see with your eyes we can to. He is real."

Lance looked back at Keith as the Bayard vanished, for a moment he just stood there. "K-keith?"

Keith gave a very faint smile as he lowered his arms. "Hey sharpshooter."

Lance looked like he couldn't breathe and Keith wished someone more sociable than himself was there.

"How are you... What... How?" Lance asked taking a hesitant step forward.

"I..." He sighed to himself glancing back at his lion before looking back at Lance. "I'm not alone."

Lance frowned appearing puzzled before his eyes widened again.

Hunk was there standing next to Keith, he looked so anxious and Keith knew the feeling. Lance was alive and right there.

Then Lance seemed to gain some confidence, he stepped forward again which then became a slow walk, then a jog, then a full on sprint.

He collided with Hunk who nearly fell over with the impact but was quickly wrapping his arms tightly around Lance lifting his feet from the ground.

Keith chuckled quietly as he watched them.

"¿Estás aquí? ¿Eres real?" Lance trembled gripping Hunk tighter.

"Sí." Hunk whispered, and yep, Hunk was crying.

Hesitantly Hunk set Lance on his feet but he didn't let go of him entirely. Lance was smiling as bright as day.

"Hey Lance." Shiro offered as he, Coran, Allura and Pidge joined them.

Pidge wrapped her arms around his middle giving him a hug that he instantly returned.

"You're here?" He shook his head faintly as he looked at them all. "I honestly can't believe it."

"We're here." Coran assured patting Lance's shoulder only to seem startled when Lance hugged him.

"Hey Lance!" The man with a circular shield called over. "Care to introduce us?"

Lance gave a faint chuckle. "Avengers, I'd like you to meet my family, team Voltron."