Mission

Lance didn't really know exactly what he was doing but he promised he would help out as much as he could and that was what he planned to do.

"Tell me what to do." He said to Steve making the man look at him.

"You said you can get the civilians out of here." Steve reminded. "Start doing that."

"Okay, but how?" Lance asked eyes flickering. "I just follow order normally."

"Well, out here you need to be a bit creative." Steve explained throwing his shield, technically it shouldn't have returned the way it did but soon Steve was holding it again. "You sound like you've dealt with civilians in the cross fire before."

"Yeah, just a few times." Lance admitted.

"Then just do what you would normally have done in those situations."

"What if I mess up?" Lance asked shoulders rising.

Steve held his gaze for a second before he smiled. "I think you're going to be fine, just do your best. We'll help you out, okay?"

Lance nodded watching him rush back into battle.

He sucked in a sharp breath and slowly let it out.

Could he do this?

He could do this.

He could do this!

He raised his shield to block several bullets aimed for him before he forced himself to move.

The second he was everything clicked into place, his senses came to life and then he was skidding to a stop next to a young girl blocking a shot aimed at her.

"Hi." He smiled as the girl and her family looked up at him. "I'm Lance, that ship over there, that's mine, I'm gonna need your help okay?"

The little girl nodded frantically.

"How can we help?" The parents asked.

"I'm gonna get you to her okay, think you can keep up?"

The little girl nodded taking ahold of his hand tightly.

Lance smiled reassuringly. "Perfect."

Once they were inside Blue's open mouth Lance headed back to the town.

A woman was waiting for him in the middle of the road.

"Another hero for me to break." She growled her stance shifting.

Lance frowned at her readying his shield. "You must be Yelena."

She smiled slightly. "I am."

"I've been told to stay away from you." Lance admitted side stepping.

"And who gave you such great advice?"

"Natasha." Lance answered.

In an instant the woman's expression changed and he had a bullet aimed at his head.

He narrowly dodged, thanks to Blue's early warning, only to be knocked down by a hard kick to his ribs.

Blue growled in his head.

He quickly rolled out the way lifting his blaster to aim at her.

"I was wrong." Yelena growled. "I don't need to break you, I need to kill you!"

She launched again, but an arm caught her spinning her around and away from Lance.

"Enough Yelena!" Natasha said firmly. "Lance, get out of here."