Danger

Running through the streets of New York with fire and destruction all around him.

Chitari aliens were closing in on him.

There was blood on the roads, on his suit on his hands.

He kept running.

People around you always get hurt.

They never survive.

Just look around you.

This is your fate.

He turned a corner only to see the Avengers, all of them, they had fallen.

Defeated and gone.

"No." He whispered as he stumbled back. "No, not you guys too."

~~~

"This mission is extremely important and dangerous." Fury explained. "I want you to use the utmost caution on this, I want you all to return safely."

"It's just HYDRA." Tony frowned.

"Potentially in possession of Loki's sceptre." Fury reminded. "Since New York we have been trying to find this but they have been hiding it well, they are desperate to keep it, so be careful."

The transmission ended and the lights lifted to reveal Lance standing in the doorway.

"Lance, you off to school?" Tony asked as he got up.

"Yeah." Lance nodded quietly gripping the strap of his bag. "What um... That sounded serious."

"It is." Steve sighed. "The sceptre is a dangerous weapon."

Lance looked away with a frown. "Well my experience with dangerous weapons is that people tend to get hurt."

"We'll be careful." Natasha promised. "We've handled HYDRA before."

Lance was quiet for a second before he nodded, he turned about to leave when he paused, he glanced back concern pinched in his eyes. "Please come back."

Then he was gone.

"Alright Avengers." Steve said as he stood up. "Let's head to this HYDRA base." 

~~~

"Do you think Lance is going to be alright?" Clint asked as he piloted the Avenge-jet towards the site. "He's been anxious lately and I'm not too keen on leaving him in New York alone."

"Wouldn't you be if your family was the Avengers?" Tony reminded. "I get anxious just going on these mission let alone watching you guys go."

Clint sighed. "He shouldn't have to worry."

"His family were all killed." Thor reminded quietly. "He no doubt fears the same may happen to us."

"Well that's not going to happen." Steve said firmly.

"Yeah, no one can kill Hulk." Hulk grumbled crossing his arms.

"I meant that we'll always come back." Steve said shaking his head. "We look after eachother and we bring eachother home."

"We're here." Clint said as he brought the jet down. "Keep the coms open."

~~~

Lance pulled out his phone as he walked through the streets of New York.

He knew where he was going he just had a call to make first. He just hoped that no one would be too cross with him.

"Lance?" Gwen asked in a surprised tone. "What's up?"