Bond

Lance let out a gentle breath as he closed his eyes. He sort of felt stupid doing this but he wanted to try and fix a few things.

He knew how much this was no doubt going to hurt and he thought he was prepared for it.

Evidently not.

A growl made his eyes flicker open.

"Hi." He whispered looking up at the green lion standing before him. "So... I um... I want to keep this going I- I want to bond with you, is that okay?"

Green sat down with a softer growl and Lance gave a weak smile.

"The Avengers, the guys I've been staying with think that I'm at school so..." Lance shrugged hands fumbling in his lap, he plucked a strand of grass and shot a glance up at the green lion, he hoped that she could sense his anxiety about being in trouble with the Avengers... Again. "I hope this works."

Green leaned towards him and he placed his hand against her nose.

"I know you loved Pidge." Lance smiled weakly. "I loved her too, but I want you to understand that... I'm not her, I can never be her. I'm not smart enough for that."

Blue growled next to him.

"No, you're not involved." Lance said pushing her away slightly.

He felt her grumble of amusement but she laid down and closed her eyes.

"Green I want to be friends with you, I want to be your... I would like to try and do what Pidge asked, to be a paladin for you." He admitted. "But I understand if I'm not the right person. No one can replace Pidge, or any of the paladins for that matter. So... Please?"

Green growled and opened her mouth as she leaned down.

Lance flinched curling up expecting pain but instead she picked him up and then launched.

Lance latched onto the walls, to anything, trying to stabilise himself.

"Green!" He screamed anxiously.

Then they stopped.

Lance sagged on the floor letting out an exhausted breath.

"Okay." He whispered. He pushed himself up and headed to the cockpit.

They were in space and Lance couldn't help but stare at the beauty of the inky sky.

"I missed this." He whispered patting the arm of Greens pilot chair.

Sure he had been in space fairly recently with the avengers, in fact that was only last week. But he never quite got enough of staring up into space, nor could he ignore the way he felt drawn to it.

Almost like it was calling him.

"Pidge would have liked this place, she would be freaking out about the whole alternate universe thing." Lance whispered.

Green pushed the seat back and Lance flinched.

He waited for several moments.

"Green?" He said gently. "Are you sure?"

A small affirmative pur echoed inside his head.

He carefully took his seat letting it shift forward before he relaxed a little bit.

The screen then flickered and Pidge appeared on the screen.

"Hey." Pidge said quietly as she adjusted her glasses. "So um we were talking about if we ever had to give up being paladins or if the war ended and I decided I would record this."