Shade

Lance sat in his room holding Green's eye. "You and Pidge could make plants grow right?"

Green growled softly.

This was going to end terribly but Lance almost didn't care.

"Okay, but we don't want anything too big." Lance reminded as he lifted the pot. "Just something small. Think you can do it?"

Green sniffed at the plant pot in his hands before a small plant started to grow.

Lance grinned brightly but the smile faded when the plant kept getting bigger and bigger.

"Um Green." He said hurriedly. "Too big."

The green lions eyes stopped glowing when the plant was almost reaching the ceiling.

Lance rolled his eyes as he placed it down. "Let's try again, something probably... A quarter of the size?"

Green jumped up next to him staring at the next pot, the plant inside started to grow.

"That's great, you can stop." Lance said but Green didn't move.

The other pots around the room then had plants growing rapidly inside them.

"Green!"

Blue roared jumping over the bed to knock Green over. The two rolled about on the floor while Lance huffed looking around at the large leaved plants that basically filled his room.

"I have no idea how I'm going to explain this." He admitted running a hand through his hair.

~~~

Natasha knocked on Lance's door and waited patiently.

Jarvis had informed her that Lance had indeed come home and she trusted him not to get himself into trouble.

Her mission had been easy enough, she had to catch a man who was leaking information onto the internet and then let Tony sweep it all off the internet.

It was an easy fix but it had taken time.

She knocked again.

"Ummm... Yeah, you're gonna have to open the door." Lance said from the other side.

With a frown Natasha opened the door only to see plants everywhere. Her eyes flickered trying to locate Lance.

"Lance?"

Lance's head appeared through some of the plants. "I can explain." He said hurriedly. "Although it's a little complicated."

"Is this your new hobby or something?" She asked tilting her head with a faint smile.

"Sort of." Lance sighed. "It's linked. Hang on."

He vanished again but then came through the plants basically falling over his own feet.

"I don't recognise any of these." Natasha admitted.

"That's because they're alien." Lance smiled rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm sorry about earlier. I know I should have said something but I wanted to sort something out. Something I have been putting off for a while-"

"Breathe." Natasha said gently as she palced her hand on his arm. "I'm not angry and I'm not pressing you for answers, I just want to know if you are okay."

Lance's shoulders relaxed and he smiled. "Yeah, I'm okay." He nodded. "I... I had a friend to see."

Through the plants Blue came bounding through she bumped into Natasha's leg before looking up at her with bright eyes.

"What are you up to?" Natasha asked watching her closely.

Blue gave out a small purr then jumped up onto Lance's desk knocking some of the plants over.