Struck

"Okay, but where are you?" Lance asked as he scanned the road trying to spot any one of the Avengers.

Ever since the whole scar tissue episode the others had been asking to spend more and more time with Lance.

And Lance didn't mind. He loved it.

Having so many people in his life that wanted to look after him and wanted to make him happy made things brighter.

Lance was feeling so much better.

"I'm literally opposite the school." Clint replied sounding slightly annoyed. "Thor, can you fly or something, let the kiddo see you."

"Why don't you stand on his shoulders?" Lance suggested as he made his way through the group of meandering teens to get to the road. "Might just about give me a chance."

"What did you do when you got picked up before Voltron?"

"I never-" Lance paused eyes wide as his gaze locked onto a teen.

A bright orange headband was around one of their heads, dark skin, black hair. A yellow jacket slung over his shoulder.

Lance felt the world reel beneath him, like he wasn't really there.

He was just standing at the side of the road unable to move, breathe, hear.

All he knew was that he knew those colours, he knew that style and he knew that laugh.

Something knocked him and he stumbled turning to address whoever it was when something plowed into the side of him.

He collapsed to the floor everything numb as his head hit the tarmac plunging him into instant darkness.

~~~

Clint had never run that fast in his life, he had spotted Lance just before he stopped talking, the kids voice fading out like that made him glance around to see a teenager on his phone by the side of the road, but he couldn't see what was beyond him.

Then the screeching tires and the thud.

Clint knew what had happened before his eyes had found him.

Lance was laying in the road, a teacher and another students gathering around him as the driver got out the car apologizing frantically.

"Lance!" Clint shouted cutting through the crowd to crouch next to him.

Before the teacher , or anyone for that matter, could stop him he had rolled Lance onto his back so he could cradle his head.

Blood was matting under his hair and Clint could see the forming bruise on his cheekbone.

"I am so sorry, he just appeared, I didn't expect him to walk out like that." The driver babbled shaking as she sobbed, someone was consoling her.

Thor was standing behind him in his casual clothes that Clint had forced him into when he realised that Thor was going to get swamped if they realised who he was.

Clint opened his phone dialing Tony swiftly.

"If you're at the wrong school I'm going to kill you." Tony said exasperatedly. "I told yo-"

"Kid's been hit by a car." Clint expressed as he ripped the sleeve off his jumper.

"Ambulance?"

"On the way." Clint nodded meeting the teachers gaze she nodded back, still talking to the paramedics. "He's unconscious."

"How did it happen?"

"I don't know, he just froze up, next thing he was in the middle of the road." Clint explained gently pressing the fabric to Lance's head to slow the bleeding.