Rested

"Don't poke him. He requires rest."

Lance's face scrunched up as he tried to remember where he was and what had happened.

He remembered talking to Steve about loss, mostly about how it changes you. He liked that conversation.

It reminded Lance that he wasn't expected to be like his old self, he wasn't being forced to be who he was a couple of years ago.

No, he just had to stay good, stay true to who he was and what he had promised he would be.

He could do that and he was going to do his best.

He then remembered settling into the sofa, Bruce told him about scar tissue and how it hurts when the nerves do something.

Then Rhodey, who Lance hadn't seen in a few weeks, came by with some food.

They had talked for a while, about nothing and everything and nothing.

Lance liked talking to Rhodey.

But after lunch he honestly didn't remember much. He must have fallen asleep, and fallen heavily asleep too.

The gentle poke to his shoulder made his eyes flutter open.

He found Natasha leaning over the back of the sofa watching him closely.

He frowned at her.

"You love not going to school don't you." Natasha smiled.

Lance gave her a weak grin. She was right in some respects, lessons were hard and he was too tired to try all the time, but he did like school sometimes too.

"Your poking has awoken him." Thor grumbled, swatting Natasha's arm gently.

Lance then realised that he was tucked into Thor's side. He must have lent into him as he fell asleep.

Lance's smile evened out as he closed his eyes.

Thor made an amazing pillow.

"What's up with the kid?" Clint asked sounding amused.

"Pain." Lance mumbled. "Don't want to move."

Clint chuckled. "Alright, you stay there then."

"Did you catch the Tracksuit Mafia?" Tony asked.

"They're not really worth catching. We took down their weapons systems, they won't be firing any more missiles at us."

Lance glanced towards Clint. "Did you find out who gave it to them?"

"Yep, AIM."

"AIM?" Lance repeated with a frown. "What?"

"Advanced idea mechanics." Bruce answered.

"More like atrocious idea mechanics." Tony sighed. "I'll get working on their possible game plan."

"But you had a successful mission?" Thor asked rubbing Lance's arm.

"Yes." Natasha nodded as she sank into her seat. "It went smoother than expected."

"Good."

It didn't take long for Lance to doze off again. He was warm and comfy and he wasn't going to move until he absolutely had to.

~~~

Lance winced, he wasn't even sure why it hurt.

He tucked his face more into Thor only to find he wasn't next to Thor anymore. In fact he wasn't sitting down either.

He was being carried by Thor and he was tucked into his chest.

He relaxed knowing that he was then safe.

"I apologise young friend, I did not mean to wake you." Thor explained gently. "But it is late and your bed seems like a more suitable place for you to rest."

Lance smiled. "That's okay."

"Has the pain gone away?" Thor asked hesitantly when they arrived in Lance's room.

The windows had been replaced after the explosion and some of Green's plants were still there, less of them now but it was nice to see that they were about.

"It feels more manageable now." Lance noted as Thor very gently set him on his feet. "Thank you."

"You do not need to thank me." Thor smiled shaking his head. "You deserve to receive help."

Lance glanced back to his bed. Steve was right, he had every right to receive help, Thor had also encouraged it.

Maybe it was time to get some help?

A gentle roar and Blue appeared, she nipped at the sleeve of his jacket and tugged him toward the bed.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm coming." Lance sighed running a hand through his hair. "Thank you Thor."

"Sleep well my friend and hopefully tomorrow will be a brighter day." Thor smiled before he disappeared out the room.

Lance sank into his mattress and stared up at the ceiling.

Blue purred next to him.

"I don't feel so hollow anymore." Lance whispered a small smile coming to his face. "I've got people who understand me and... I've got you, all of you."

Blue nuzzled into his neck while Green jumped onto his chest. Yellow licked his cheek and Red appeared above his head.

"And Black? Or is she not ready yet?" Lance asked, glancing more specifically to Red.

Red let out a tired sounding grumble before she curled up resting her head on Lance's shoulder.

"Yeah, I get it." Lance nodded. "Let's try not to be late for school tomorrow huh?"