School?!

"You said you wanted to be treated like a normal kid." Tony reminded with a smirk.

"But school? Seriously?!" Lance said throwing his arms wide in a show of his irritation. "Why me?"

"Because you need an education Lance." Steve frowned.

Lance turned to him offering a glare. "Says you, you went to war when you should have been in school."

Steve rolled his eyes. "Yeah but I didn't go to space halfway through my school life."

Lance offered a weak shrug as he flopped back on his bed. "I didn't exactly have a choice in that."

"We know, but now you have a choice now." Tony smiled.

Lance flicked through the folder in his hands. School?

What would it be like without his friends? Would he be able to cope?

"Lance, what's on your mind?" Steve asked sitting next to him.

"Last time I was at school I had my family and Hunk." Lance frowned. "Now..."

"It won't be the same." Steve nodded. "But I think you'll make so many new friends that you won't know what to do with yourself."

"Mmm." Lance said shaking his head. "Maybe."

"Just try it out Lance, please." Tony said gently.

"I will." Lance assured. "It'll probably be good for me."

"I'm sure it will." Steve smiled. "It'll give you some form of normalcy, being a superhero isn't easy especially when you live it every day, you're a young teenager Lance."

Lance nodded slowly. "When's the first day?"

"Tomorrow."

Lance lifted his head to glare slightly at Tony.

"If I had told you sooner then you would find a way to bail." Tony pointed out completely unphased by the glare.

"I haven't got anything." Lance pointed out. "No books, no stationary I haven't got-"

"Way ahead of you." Tony smirked lifting a hand to make Lance fall quiet. "Come on."

Lance begrudgingly followed Tony down to the lab, he could hear Steve's chuckle as he went.

His socked feet slipping slightly on the floor as they entered the lab, Dum-e offered a wave and Lance waved back. "Why are we in the lab?"

"Because I made you some stuff." Tony grinned looking like a kid in a toy shop.

Lance liked seeing this side of him, he was realxed and excited and Lance felt at ease around him. He knew that this Tony was creative and kind, open and honest.

"How long have you been working on these?"

"Since Steve suggested getting you back to school." Tony admitted as Dum-e rolled a table over.

On the table was things that looked like ordinary stationary.

"Tony I'm not a genius." Lance reminded putting his hands together as he gestured to the table. "What am I looking at?"

"Alright, this is a pen, but it can also become a pencil, and a ruler, a touchscreen pen and," Tony pressed two buttons at once and the side popped out creating a scanner of some kind, "an x-ray scanner."

"Why am I going to need an x-ray scanner?" Lance asked tilting his head.

"I don't really know." Tony shrugged. "I just thought it would be fun."