Where now?

Lance jolted awake in the dead of night. The silence was heavy and unnerving.

He wasn't at the Avengers tower med bay, so that was something. He slowly realised where he was and let the realisation sink in.

He was in Wakanda.

In their med bay.

Soft blue hues filled the room and Lance frowned to himself.

Hunk was sat in a chair next to where he was laid holding Lance's hand. There was that from still persisting on his face.

A deep twang of guilt punched Lance in the gut. He hated making Hunk worry and this whole situation was doing nothing for his friends mental health.

Lance sighed to himself and rolled onto his side trying to think his way around this situation.

He was dying. He knew that much, the cause was still undetermined and as much as that irritated him he was almost greatful to be unaware of it.

A soft growl had him glancing to the end of the bed. Blue was there glowing softly in the dimly lit room.

"Blue?" He whispered cautious not to wake Hunk. "What's going on?"

Something tugged on his consciousness, it didn't feel right. Blue was worried.

Something strange my paladin, we have to act now.

"Against what?"

Hurry.

She vanished.

Lance really didn't like the sound of that, he sat up and gently eased his hand from Hunk's before slipping out of the bed. He quickly hopped to his feet and clipped his armour into place.

He moved silently through the Wakandan's palace where they had been permitted to stay.

Lance knew that their technological advancements would probably register his movement but he didn't care.

He followed Blue's energy and thought he would be dealing with something small, surely they didn't expect him to handle it alone.

He was led outside where clouds of thunder levitated above them.

He frowned.

"Where now?" Lance asked glancing to the yellow lion who's eyes were still locked onto the clouds.

Lance followed her gaze, parhaps he was just missing something.

A flash of lighting, a crack of thunder. Suspended somewhere in the clouds was a Galran ship.

"Oh no." He whispered before he turned to Yellow. "Get me up there."

~~~

"Hunk.... Hunk."

"Hmm." Hunk groaned, sleeping in this position was doing nothing for his back.

"Lance is gone."

Hunk's head snapped up his eyes locking onto the empty cot before him and relief so heavy hit him making his breath catch.

"Don't do that." He whispered glancing to the Wakandan princess. "I thought you meant..."

The princess shook her head softly, an apologetic look in her eyes as the lights slowly grew brighter. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." Hunk sighed and rose to his feet. "Do you know where he went?"

"He put his armour on and went outside. Then I lost visual." Shuri explained. "I thought at first he was sleep walking."