Time

Lance ducked under a slab of concrete rolling away from the sharp ring of vibranium.

He didn't want to get hit by that shield.

Not today.

Not any day really.

That thing could break metal and Lance knew his armour would block most of it but he didn't really want to get a new series of bruises.

"Do you do this to all the new recruits?" Lance asked as he turned blaster raised. Set to stun of course.

"Maybe."

Lance could hear the smirk in Steve's voice.

Lance rolled his eyes and kept moving. "How long exactly have you been fighting for?"

"Couple of years."

"Really?" Lance frowned. "Tony said that you were in a war nearly 90 years ago, so what gives?"

"Ah, I was frozen in ice part way into the war, they pulled me out a couple of years ago." Steve explained from wherever he was hiding.

"Got it." Lance nodded. "Bet that was a bit of a culture shock."

"You can say that again." Steve replied.

Lance turned the corner to find Steve in front of him.

The shield came flying towards him when Blue jumped between them catching his shield in her mouth.

She rolled across the floor holding it tightly as she pawed at the metal.

"Blue." Lance frowned. "Seriously?"

Steve chuckled. "She's got good reflexes."

"Yeah, whenever I'm in trouble she's usually there." Lance nodded. "She's bored, I should probably take her out for a bit."

"Got any plans on where you're going?" Steve asked as he crossed his arms.

Lance frowned. "I thought I might go for a trip around the world but I don't really have anywhere specific to visit."

"Well if you're not busy could I trouble you for a lift?" Steve asked. "I've got an old friend to see."

~~~

Lance followed Steve through the hospital. He had no idea who Steve was here to see but he was mildly excited.

Steve had grown up in another time, he probably understood more then anyone what it was like for Lance to wake up here.

Also hospitals seemed to be the same no matter what universe you came from.

"So um this friend of mine." Steve started rubbing the back of his neck. "She's quite old now so her memory isn't great."

"Right."

"So don't be upset if she doesn't remember your name 10 minutes later okay?"

Lance nodded. "Okay. So she's got dementia?"

Steve paused and glanced back at Lance.

"Yes."

Lance hummed. "My grandad had it. We'd see him every now and then and sometimes it was like old times other times it was repeating the same scenes over and over. When he died it was really sad but it made things easier you know, we didn't have to worry about what he might forget or how to talk to him."

"How old were you then?" Steve asked curiously.

"10." Lance shrugged. "He got really bad when I was 8, thought my sister was an intruder or something and panicked."