Minds

"So you're team Voltron." Natasha smiled shaking Allura's hand. "It's nice to finally meet you guys."

Lance was beaming next to her. He had introduced them all but there was still so many questions that needed answering.

"How did you guys get here?" Tony asked as he let Pidge try on his helmet.

"The blue lion teleported us and Lance here." Pidge answered her voice muffled by the helmet. "I want one of these."

"Pidge." Shiro chuckled shaking his head.

"I have to know something." Lance admitted he looked a little nervous. "I thought you guys were dead, how are you not dead?"

"A group of pirates attacked the cruiser we were prisoners on." Keith explained scratching the back of his head. "We got away from the Galra and went in search of you."

"But it was like you had vanished." Pidge frowned pulling the helmet off. "It makes sense that you teleported."

"What happened then?"

"We started to try and take on the Galra, but we didn't want them to know that we were still active." Shiro explained. "We worked in the shadows and managed to deal a few good blows."

"But finding you was still our top priority." Allura smiled patting Lance's shoulder. "After all, we knew we stood no chance at ending the war without Voltron."

"So Lance what happened when you left us?" Bruce asked tilting his head. "You look like you've been through a lot."

Lance sighed. "I met up with the blades, I met Lotor and helped them train for the fight and then we attacked Zarkon." Lance shrugged. "I don't remember much more than that."

"Well Shiro and myself caught wind of your attack on Zarkon and we knew you had returned." Coran smiled. "Especially since Zarkon was vanquished."

"Good to know he's gone." Lance nodded.

"Then Blue turned up." Hunk grinned, wrapping his arm around Lance. "She took us to you right as Haggar was about to toss you in a cell."

"I know Haggar hates me," Lance mumbled curling into Hunk's side, "but why does she have to hate me so much?"

"Because you're extraordinary." Shiro offered with a soft smile. "Seriously Lance, how have you managed? A new universe? The lions? All of it."

"I didn't exactly have to do it alone." Lance said glancing to the Avengers. "But I didn't have a choice I just got on with it."

"I'm still very much surprised that you have been able to respectively own all of the lions." Coran admitted tugging his mustache. "It's unheard of."

"And with them in this form." Allura scooped Yellow up pressing her nose to hers. "This is incredible too."

Lance smiled. "Blue did it one day, just randomly out of the blue, I can't explain it."

Blue grumbled softly and appeared pawing at Lance's leg.

"You know there are a lot of people here who really want your lions." Clint smirked.

"We do not have room." Steve reminded.

"So you heard me?" Lance asked looking at Hunk. "I heard you and Keith, you both said my name and... Was that really you?"

"Yeah." Hunk nodded. "But what happened to you? I couldn't sense everything but it felt like you were dying."

"And when I heard you all I could feel was this sense of dread." Keith added.

Lance sighed. "I kinda wish someone had written down everything that had happened." He closed his eyes with a chuckle. "Not that it would be that interesting."

"Are you gonna tell us?" Pidge asked shuffling closer.

Lance glanced at the floor. "Maybe when we get back to the tower. I am so tired."

On the way back to the tower Natasha flew the jet allowing the others to all chat.

Hunk was majorly excited to see more of Tony's suit. Pidge wanted to know everything about Vision.

Keith was testing Steve's shield against his sword. Shiro was talking with Thor about something or other.

Allura seemed very excited about seeing Wanda and Natasha out in the battle and was asking so many questions.

Coran was talking to Clint about earth things and Clint seemed very happy to have been chosen for the task.

And Lance just basked in it. The hubbub of noise, voices he loved and wanted to memorize forever, the warmth of both his families knowing each other and getting along.

Something made him wince, a sharp pain through his temple.

The black lion appeared in front of him and growled.

Sleep, you must sleep paladin.

Lance's eyes flickered closed and he slumped, something caught him and held him close. He wasn't sure who it was but he was glad they were there to catch him.

His head was fuzzy and his limbs heavy.

"We've got you young friend." Thor whispered. "Just rest."

~~~

Hunk cradled Lance close with a heavy frown.

Coran was in front of Lance with Bruce and Tony. They were trying to figure out if he was okay.

"I want to say that he is just tired." Tony admitted rubbing the back of his head. "But I don't know."

Wanda sat next to Hunk, red swirling power drifted around her fingers as she gently tapped his temple.

She frowned.

"What can you see?" Hunk whispered, he knew little of her powers but Lance had said that she could control some things with her mind.

"His mind is silent." She admitted tilting her head. "And not the good kind."

"What does a mind usually sound like?" Shiro asked.

"They hum." Wanda explained. "He is not unwell, but I cannot sense anything else."

"Perhaps the lions are stopping you from seeing?" Vision said as he floated by them. "After all, you tried to read his mind before and could see nothing."

Allura tapped Hunk's shoulder. "Can I?"

Hunk nodded and adjusted Lance so Allura could press her fingers against Lance's temples. But she pulled back so quickly her eyes wide as she cradled her hands.

"Okay, what was that about?" Keith frowned.

"The energy." Allura gasped. "Lance is holding so much energy no wonder he is tired."

"Is he going to be okay?" Clint asked quietly.

"We'll make sure of it." Hunk whispered.