Adapting

"So um... Crazy reflexes you got." Miles said awkwardly. "Catching that punch and all."

Lance shrugged. "You could see it a mile off, of course he was going for the punch."

"How did you know?"

"Why was he trying to punch you?"

Miles frowned. "I'm small and I'm smart, and I don't do other peoples homework."

"Good for you." Lance nodded.

"His name is Gordon, he just loves to bully anyone nearby." Miles muttered.

"And who's the guy with him?" Lance asked curiously. "The tall kid with blonde hair."

"Flash? He's an idiot, just follows the crowd." Miles shrugged. "So what about you? Been in many fights?"

"A few." Lance nodded wanting desperately to change the subject. "How many kids are in this school?"

"About 2,000." Miles answered. "Are you okay?"

Lance nodded his hand moving to grip the rail of the stairs they were on, when did they get to a flight of stairs?

He looked around him with confused wide eyes.

"Okay, maybe you should sit down."

"I'm fine." Lance mumbled his shoulders tensing.

"You don't look fine."

Lance let out a sharp breath and tapped into his bond with Blue. She purred softly filling his panicked mind with her calming waves.

He could sense her, like she was there with him, standing above him.

"Don't leave me."

"I'm not going anywhere."

Lance internally groaned, he hadn't meant to say that outloud, specifically not to his tour guide either. "I'm alright, sorry about that."

"It's okay, panic attacks happen, Gwen gets them from time to time. Heck, so do I."

Lance laughed softly running a hand through his hair. "Thank you."

"You sure you're alright now?" Miles asked titling his head.

"Yeah, I've had a lot worse this is um... This is fine... I'll be fine."

"Are you home schooled?"

"No."

"Good, I was worried I would have to teach you the social hecticness of school."

Lance chuckled. "Yeah, I got that all down, don't worry. And I don't think that's a word."

Miles shrugged. "Probably not, but it works for now."

Lance let an easy smile come to his face. Miles was alright.

"Thank you." Lance said quietly.

"You said that already."

~~~

The lessons were... Interesting.

Once Lance realised that half of it he had already done he found it a lot easier.

Although some things were completely new to him.

"In 2010 Tony Stark made a new element." The teacher explained as the PowerPoint loaded. "This gives proof that there are things about this universe we have still yet to discover."

"He made a new element?" Lance asked quietly.

"Yep, got the scientific community going crazy." Miles nodded. "But he is a genius."