Deep

"Your brain activity is really high." Bruce frowned glancing to Tony to make sure that he wasn't the only one seeing it.

"Yeah, well I have a lot going on in my head right now." Lance shrugged spinning his Bayard. "Why are you two playing doctors?"

"I am a doctor." Bruce smiled. "But not that kind."

"You know what I mean." Lance huffed with his own smile.

"We just want to make sure you're okay, you said that you had a headache and we were worried about you." Tony admitted.

"It was just a headache." Lance frowned.

"After you gained another lion and saved an entire school." Bruce reminded. "You said that the lions communicate with you in your mind. So we just wanted to check a few things."

"Right." Lance mumbled his eyes dropping to his Bayard again. "Could... Could the activity in my head affect my dreams?"

Tony glanced up from his phone. "Dreams?"

"Yeah, I... I keep seeing the others die." Lance admitted. "But everytime it's different."

"Are any of them similar to the way your friends actually died?" Bruce asked cautiously.

Lance frowned. "I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" Tony asked tilting his head.

"I never saw any of them die." Lance explained as he met his gaze. "They just... They never came back and... And the lions all came to me and... I don't know."

"It's okay." Bruce said placing his hand on Lance's shoulder and now Lance could hear the machines beeping. "Just breathe."

"What did I do?" Lance asked his voice shaking slightly.

"You went completely off the chart." Tony explained. "No wonder you have a headache."

Lance sighed and dropped his head into his hands. "Can't really be helped though." He mumbled.

"I'll get in contact with a friend, he might be able to help."

Lance hummed. "Thanks guys, really I... Thank you."

"You don't need to thank us." Tony smiled. "You know I think you came down here for something, what was it?"

Lance smiled as Bruce pulled the headband off of him and ruffled his hair. "I can't remember, no wait... I um... I'm going to go after the pilot of the Galran ship, did you guys get anything out of it?"

"Not really." Tony admitted tapping a few controls, the room shifted and the Galran fighter lifted into the room. "Any chance you know how to power it up?"

Lance hopped off the table and moved toward the ship.

They looked so much smaller when he was inside his lion. With a quick tap on the locks the ship opened with a hiss.

"Nice." Bruce nodded.

"The controls are quite basic." Lance admitted as he climbed in. "They've got an air supply to last seven doboshes."

"Doboshes?"

"Days." Lance corrected. "So a week."

"Okay, what else do you know?"

Lance shrugged and tapped the controls. The cockpit came to life, glowing a dark red. "I can fly one, I just don't enjoy it."

"Probably best not to." Bruce warned. "The press will jump on anything you do now."

"And SHIELD isn't going to be able to protect you from everything." Tony added.

Lance flicked a few controls. "The ships log up to the day we found it... Hang on."

The Galran letters flashed before him. "It's still functioning." He frowned. "They wanted us to find the ship."

Lance quickly tapped a few buttons and the transmission ended.

"What do you mean they wanted us to find it?" Bruce asked as Lance hopped out.

"I don't know if it's for good or for bad, but someone wanted the ship to be found, probably so they could learn more about your world." Lance offered. "But that still doesn't tell us who was piloting it."

"We'll figure it out."

Lance hummed and closed his eyes. "Yeah the lions haven't got anything either. I'll sleep on it and see what comes up."

"How was school?" Tony asked tilting his head.

"The teachers are very greatful for the new science lab." Lance smiled. "And the kids just want to know if they can get an autograph from all of us."

"We'll, it'll be dinner soon," Bruce noted looking at the time, "anyone know whose turn it is to make dinner?"

"Steve's." Tony answered immediately. "He told me this morning."

"Cool, I'm gonna grab a jacket, it's cold."

"We'll winter is coming." Tony shrugged. "Hopefully it's not too bad though."

Lance smiled and offered the two geniuses a wave before he made his way through the tower.

Over the last few days he hadn't been able to look at the news without seeing his face stuck everywhere. Even at school he felt suddenly famous and it was not fun.

Lance missed being able to just do what he wanted when he wanted without being under the spot light.

His past self would probably love it, but now with his mind buzzing and the gravity of his existence a constant reminded he just found it tiring.

And he found with with each new photo that the press took he looked more and more tired.

Maybe he just needed a break.

A holiday would be nice.

Somewhere no one would recognise him?

Lance almost laughed at his own thought. As if he would get that opportunity.

He had entered a new world, the world of celebrities and there was no going back.