⁰⁴

ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ғᴏᴜʀ
𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟?

THE NAME IMMEDIATELY made Isagi freeze and tense up like an electric cord

THE NAME IMMEDIATELY made Isagi freeze and tense up like an electric cord. Chigiri's eyes widened, and he peeked at Nagi before looking away, probably searching for a reaction. Too bad that Nagi didn't even flinch.

There were millions of Reo's in Japan, and Nagi's Reo didn't exist anymore.

"No one important," Kunigami gritted his teeth, the image of annoyance incarnated.

"Then why is Asuka talking about giving him a big welcome? She says, and I quote, 'Make him feel at home." Bachira raised his brows like he himself was surprised by the information. "Are you perhaps hiding a long-distance boyfriend from us?"

"God, you're such a gossip." Kunigami snapped, snatching his phone back as soon as Bachira lowered his guard. His cheeks grew slightly red at the interrogation, though. "We met at camp last year in Canada. But he's from here, actually, has a famous family name even, or something along those lines."

Millions of Reos in the world, why was Kunigami describing the only one that has ever mattered?

Canada, huh? Nagi didn't even have a way to confirm it. Sometimes he assumed Reo lived somewhere in Japan, keeping a low profile. And sometimes, he thought Reo went to an English-speaking country or to China because he could speak Mandarin fluently as well. But, most of the time, Nagi didn't think of him at all. It would only be a waste of his time.

And Reo probably never thought of him either. Why would he? When he didn't care for Nagi enough to tell him where he was moving to or why he was leaving.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Chigiri inquired, bulging eyes fixed on Nagi.

Who cares? Just like Nagi's life didn't stop when Reo went away, Reo's life must have kept going.

Kunigami grew redder at the question and also angrier. "No, God, no. We're friends. You really think I wouldn't have told you if I had a partner or something?"

"I mean, even Asuka knows him, right? So he must be special." Chigiri pushed.

"Okay, Asuka is closer to him than me. Can you believe that? Asuka? Yes, I know, the biggest surprise coming out of that camp. But hey, it's all cordial and friendly and professional, okay? Don't get it twisted."

"Awww," Bachira joked, shoulder to shoulder with Eita, who was also amused. "So he stole Asuka's attention from you?"

Kunigami cursed them, explaining what everyone already knew; he wasn't romantically interested in Asuka, that she and Reo weren't into each other either, and so forth. Isagi interrupted, sipping from his drink to conceal his interest in the subject of their conversation.