²⁹

ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ
𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭?

NOW

"DID YOU KNOW he's a doctor?" Nagi stated, sounding defeated

"DID YOU KNOW he's a doctor?" Nagi stated, sounding defeated. He almost shoved his cell phone into Barou's face when he said once again: "A doctor. That's almost as good as a silver medallist."

Barou would've argued that those were two completely different things but he didn't bother. Nagi was too drunk to realize the guy he was looking at was their age, and most likely a med student instead of Dr. Heartthrob. Besides, why would Barou encourage him to go on another rant about that Yukimiya guy?

"Don't put your screen in my face unless you want your phone destroyed," he warned instead.

Nagi pushed the device closer to piss Barou off and test his limits. "Look at this. They are smiling. It's as bad as if they were kissing," he said just as Barou slapped his hand away. Nagi sulked at Yuki's Instagram stories. "And now I'm hurt, and upset, and it's such a hassle..."

Barou was ready to choke him at this point. If Naruhaya weren't there, he would have let Nagi's drunk ass rot in a chair; at least then he wouldn't struggle with violent impulses to shut him up. But because Naruhaya had been the one with the genius idea to call Nagi's emergency contact; here they were, waiting for her to come instead of doing something productive.

The phone rang, and Naruhaya stole it from Nagi before the skater could even blink. He smiled, and Barou saw the clouds finally part. "She'll be here in five," he said. Thank God. "Let's head out."

Barou didn't need to be told twice. He took Nagi's arm, put it around his shoulders, and helped him stand up with a hand around his waist for support. Nagi still stumbled when he got off his stool; he was clumsier than people imagined. Plus, he felt zero motivation to move his limbs, his brain was elsewhere.

Why was it so easy for Reo to replace him? Sure, it had been two years since they last saw each other, they had every right to rebuild their lives in a way that didn't center around them or their dream. That was good, Nagi's been doing the same.

But Nagi hasn't... cared for anyone since Reo. Not in the way that he was thinking of.

"Four minutes left!"

Nagi shivered as soon as they stepped foot outside. The club was so crowded, that its heat had made him forget about the weather. It had completely escaped his memory, as well as Reo's date, until Mei-Ling went and followed him on Instagram, and Nagi fell down a rabbit's hole.

Yukimiya Kenyu was a stupid name, anyway. Mikage Kenyu sounded like shit.

Wow, that was a childish thought. Nagi wasn't too capable of elaborate thoughts at the moment. "How does one even date a doctor? Don't they all sleep at the hospital?" He asked. Wasn't quality time an important element for Reo? Considering how he interpreted Nagi's distance in the past as negligence to their friendship...