¹⁷

ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ
𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞

WHERE MOST PEOPLE liked weekends, Reo found that they turned him antsy

He might have enjoyed those days before, but as the year continued without Reo improving in the figure skating department, hours of rest became in his mind hours of procrastination.

He couldn't fully relax when he was always stressing about the things he hadn't done yet. He felt like he was lazing around for two full days; guilt polluting any nice thought that may have arisen in his mind.

He would text Nagi or Tsurugi to hang out, but as they approached the Worlds competitions, seeing them became counterproductive. They were both too invested in skating and their company didn't distract him anymore.

Sadly, if he didn't call, Nagi didn't either.

He wanted to think it was for the better, he'd rather distance himself from Nagi a little than risk a meltdown in front of him. Nagi's avoidance favored the two, and even if he hadn't done it with that in mind, it also gave Reo an excuse to not talk about the almost-kiss they shared last time they hung out.

Nagi was probably too busy with Isagi and the colorful world the skater was pulling him into. Perhaps being around Rin, Bachira, Chigiri, Nanase, and Hiori was much more fun than... whatever Reo was doing. Nagi had said it himself, Reo's mess was hard to look at.

But today, the itch to go and do something had surprisingly won against the impulse to hide in his room and sleep all day. So not everything was bad. He had gone to the rink, and the ache in his calves was proof of it. Unfortunately, the effort didn't translate into his routine.

Or maybe it did, but Reo knew Ego would find faults on Monday anyway.

It didn't matter. These levels of stress were expected at this point of his career, even if Tsurugi had jokingly said he should seek help the last time they saw each other. In reality, Reo had everything under control, so he didn't think extra help was needed. His day had been fine. Nowadays, most days were.

Just fine.

The employee from the hotel lobby called, though. He called and ruined the very fragile stability Reo had found. He said: "Sorry, we kept an eye out for it but... nothing. No letter addressed to you has entered this building in the last twenty-four hours."

"That's okay, thank you," Reo replied, although it was definitely not okay.

Nagi had received his invitation to the Worlds Figure Skating Championship at the beginning of the week, and Reo wasn't optimistic enough to believe he would get one right away when most spots at galas and other events had been taken by Rin, Isagi, and Nagi lately. Nevertheless, Reo was holding onto the possibility of Ego and the federation discussing his situation, still considering him.