³³

ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

NOW

REO HAD THOUGHT of Nagi all day, but he wasn't proud of it

REO HAD THOUGHT of Nagi all day, but he wasn't proud of it. Thus, he would never admit it, not even to Asuka, who was so intuitive she had already guessed Nagi was warming up to him somehow. He could almost hear her teasing voice in his mind, but it got mixed with his self-deprecating thoughts, and sometimes he didn't know if it was a warning from his subconscious or extreme self-awareness.

Nagi was a weakness. Whether you like it or not, you lower your defenses when you're with him. Whether you like it or not, you adore his attention.

And like it or not, you like him.

Coming to terms with it wasn't easy, but in his defense, Reo has only been aware of it since the morning, when he woke up and found Nagi snoring on his couch. Reo couldn't kick him out the night before because Seishiro had been drunk, and, in that state, he was also absolutely harmless (or that was what Reo had mistakenly assumed). But they had talked, and the asshole had somehow managed to get under his skin, where he made himself home.

In the morning, Reo wasn't awake enough to put on his armor and push him outside. He fell into a domesticity he would later overthink. At that moment, he had prepared breakfast quietly, softly humming while he listened to music through his earbuds. His speakers were turned off, unlike any other day, only because he didn't want to disturb his guest's sleep.

The delicious smell eventually woke Nagi up. "Go sit before I hit you in the head with the pan," Reo warned, seeing Nagi come close from the corner of his eye.

The skater stopped midway, made a turn, and sat down on the stool, both of his eyes half-lidded. He was scratching his eye like a sleepy cat when Reo put both of their plates on the kitchen island. Nagi's brain didn't start working until he had sipped on Reo's disgustingly bitter coffee.

"Sugar," he mumbled, unable to make fully coherent sentences when freshly awake. Reo rolled his eyes but gave the bowl to him. It was so early he had forgotten how different his and Nagi's tastes were. "Thanks"

"That's what I was waiting for," Reo mentioned, taking a sip from his drink.

Nagi ignored the comment and focused on his food, not without doing a double check and pouting. "Why did you cook an American breakfast?"

"What's wrong with it?"

"I don't like when the bacon and eggs mix with the maple syrup."

"They won't if you keep them apart," Reo rolled his eyes again, using his utensils to literally push both foods to the opposite ends of the plate. He was doing Nagi a favor, and his ungratefulness wasn't appreciated at 8 am. "By the way, it's not American. We're in Canada."