³⁶

ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sɪx
𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰

"BUT REO DOESN'T want me to confess," Nagi remembered

"BUT REO DOESN'T want me to confess," Nagi remembered. "And I don't know how to convince him."

All he had come up with so far was League of Legends.

"But if you don't insist, he would have been right about questioning your feelings, you know? Because so far, he thinks you're infatuated with a memory and not him."

"Right, but if I insist-" and there were so many 'but's... Nagi hung his head, deflated. "He's going to get mad at me."

The least Nagi wanted was for them to keep going backwards.

"Unless...?"

"Unless I manage to teleport before things escalate," Nagi deadpanned. This was why online communication gave him the option to be at home and out of the radar for Reo's wrath. Worst case scenario, Reo would disconnect. The worst scenario in person? He cusses Nagi out and hurts his feelings, which Nagi was just starting to explore.

"Alright, let's try something else." Isagi proposed. "Something that says: 'Hey, I care about you so much I'm ranting to my best friend about you.' Extra points if it could also prove you know him better than he thinks you do. In my personal opinion, you should buy him flowers."

"Flowers."

"Don't look at me like that!" Isagi gave his friend a reprimanding glare. He huffed, "I know men don't usually receive flowers, but doesn't he have a favorite? All figure skaters do."

"Flowers," Nagi said again, less doubtful than before. He wasn't the most creative, but honestly? It wasn't a bad idea. If he tried hard enough, maybe he could even come up with a sweet note to attach to the bouquet.

Fuck, what was Reo doing to him? Flowers. A note. Nagi hasn't done anything romantic in all the years he's been alive, and if he ended up dating Reo, he would probably remain the least considerate of the two. But if Reo liked this shit, Nagi wasn't going to deny him.

He was about to thank Isagi for listening and helping when someone entered the studio. Nagi rushed to say goodbye to his friend and pocketed his phone, seeing that the stranger was Mei-Ling.

"Sorry for interrupting," she said. By her slightly awkward grin, it seemed like she hadn't heard what Nagi and Isagi were talking about but still felt uncomfortable at having cut it short.

Nagi brushed it off. He was the one having an important phone conversation at the ballet studio, which was a public space even if empty. Mei-Ling didn't know Japanese well enough to figure out what Isagi was saying through the phone, anyway.