¹⁹

ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ
𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

﹝ ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ ﹞𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

"I'D LIKE TO KNOW what I did to you. I should resent you and you shouldn't be the one pulling passive-aggressive shit on me." Nagi said, his tone turning sharper, on the edge of accusing. "You left."

Well, there goes Reo's plan of never addressing the elephant in the room.

But, passive-aggressive shit? "What are you talking about?"

"Let's not pretend that we don't have a past, Reo. Let's not act like you're just visiting now, and everything is normal. You dropped from the face of Earth, ran away, and your friends all hate me. There's clearly a reason for that wall you mentioned to exist between us, but you never gave me an explanation."

Oh dammit. Why did Nagi have to be so confrontational right when Reo was trying to make amends?

And who did he think he was to throw past mistakes at Reo's face? Like he had been so fucking perfect.

"I don't owe you one-"

"Don't be such a prick," Nagi shut him up. "Don't tell me you wouldn't be yelling at me if this had been the other way around."

The only reason why Reo wasn't yelling right now might have been because he was too taken aback by Nagi's palpable anger to process what he was saying. Only after Nagi had calmed, clenching his teeth together like it physically pained him to keep his mouth shut, did Reo talk.

"I would be angry, yes. Definitely. But it's different. I didn't know I hurt you." Which, he really didn't!

Nagi shoved both hands in the pockets of his hoodie. "I never said I was hurt," he argued for the sake of arguing.

"Right. So you're not. Then why are you demanding explanations?" Reo questioned, pulling back. His lips were set and serious. "I did try to explain, Seishiro. Actually, I thought I was very clear-"

"Well, you weren't. I'm still confused. And I don't think that's fair."

"I don't think this is fair either. I'm trying to be nice, and have a casual conversation with you. But all you want is to revisit things I've moved on from."

"You moved on from." Nagi parroted in a flat tone as if he couldn't believe so. "How come all your friends dislike me, then?"

Reo was sure that was a stretch, but he wouldn't deny they harbored certain resentment. So what? He had made an effort not to talk much about it but things with Nagi left him wounded. Now sharing his feelings with Asuka or Shidou was petty? He had only said the truth.

"I don't know." His pulse quickened dangerously. "Ask them if you're so fucking interested."

He wanted to leave. What was the point in staying? Nagi had made it obvious that holding a conversation with him was impossible. At least if Reo left now, he could argue it was because of Nagi and not a failure of his own.