³¹

ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝, 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐝

﹝ ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ ﹞𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝, 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐝

WITH HIS FORWARDNESS, Reo's playfulness disappeared. "Are you serious?"

Seishro nodded, studying Reo's every movement as he said, "I wish I hadn't been so angry at you, I would've wanted to see you up close."

There was only charged silence after that. Seishiro wished he could read Reo's mind and know if his confessions were touching him as much as he wished he physically could.

"Reo."

"Yeah?" He said breathlessly, as pretty and affected as Nagi liked him.

"Did I leave you speechless?"

"No," Reo said strongly this time, more put together. "You just took me by surprise."

Seishiro smiled at him, and he swore he could feel Reo's heartbeat jump against his palm.

"Won't you say it?"

"Say what?"

"That I also looked good."

Seishiro was sure that he had him, even if it was only for a second. He had Reo, they were best friends again, they were in love. Time should stop right there.

Reo didn't deny him, but he didn't fall into his trap either. "I'll answer that once you come back from the bathroom."

Nagi didn't mind the order. He had seen a glimpse of his Reo, and that was enough to lift his spirits. Reo hadn't gone to bed when he came back, thus confirming that at least tonight, they were doing something right.

"How was it?"

"Uh, good?" Nagi had to go over their conversation to try and understand what Reo was talking about. Right, he wants me to be sober. "Yellowish? Faintly."

Reo sighed, "Well, it will have to do."

"You owe me a compliment," Nagi went straight to it, not wanting more things left unsaid between them.

"Well, yes," Reo shifted awkwardly at the stool Nagi had been at before. They seemed to have reversed their roles. "You looked good, I watched your performance."

Nagi couldn't stand their distance again, but he sat at the arm of the sofa, giving Reo some space. "Was I handsome?"

"You're unbelievable," Reo muttered. "I thought you didn't care about people's opinions."

"I care about yours," Seishiro declared. I care about you so much, baby. "I wanna hear you say it, Reo."

"You looked quite handsome, like a prince." Reo stared at him, unable to back out from a challenge.