¹⁴

ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐭

﹝ ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ ﹞𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐭

REO HAD MADE IT to the Prix. Not that Nagi cared, no. Not at all.

He was much more focused on his day, his life. And currently? His lunch.

The food was delicious, ordered from some expensive restaurant on the more expensive side of town. Haru claimed it was well deserved considering Seishiro had to fly in two days to compete at the Gran Premio d'Italia, and that if he was to come home with a medal, they could splurge some money on a few good meals before sending him off.

He was chewing on his noodles when the action movie on TV went to a commercial break. So his dad took the remote, saying something about how badly timed commercials were, and he switched to the Sports channel, which made Seishiro almost choke on his food.

He was making a tremendous effort to avoid any updates on the competition. That wouldn't change today.

"God, no, turn it off-" he complained, bringing a glass of water to his lips.

Haru complied, not without questions. "What? Are pre-competition nerves getting to you?"

Seishiro shook his head. Although whoever wins today would be closer to the final, he was confident he could make the podium this season. He succeeded at Worlds at the beginning of the year, and that gave him a direct pass to this competition. It meant he was one of the stars of the season; someone to look out for.

Nerves weren't precisely why he had chosen to skip Isagi's presentation, but the fact that tuning in would mean seeing Reo, too. Both skaters were out for blood today at Internationaux de France. Seishiro didn't want to see how that would end.

"Then what? This is why we pay for the sports channel, you know? To use it."

"So I can keep track of my competition?"

"So you can watch the sport you love," Haru smiled at him, standing up a second after. "You want some Chinese steamed buns? They must be ready now."

Seishiro looked down at his half-filled bowl. "I don't think I can eat all that..."

But Haru had disappeared to the kitchen already, and the steam-charged aroma was filtering through the door. "Don't have any room for dessert?" He asked from across the room, "I bought vanilla buns with sweet potato filling!"

And well, even if Seishiro was more of a dorayaki guy his sweet tooth wasn't that demanding. He sighed, giving in easily. "Fine, save me one!"

Haru came back with the opened bamboo steamer in hand, both Chinese buns decorated like little bear faces inside, with noses and ears made out of dough.