¹²

ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ
𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰?

NOW

HE REALLY THOUGHT he would be more uncomfortable

Kunigami and Asuka had booked a booth at one of the best clubs in the city, and with the hype of his second victory that very same afternoon, Reo and his friends were eager to have fun. The victory in itself hadn't been so satisfying — the competition wasn't the strongest, after all — but it meant Reo could be eligible for the upcoming Grand Prix.

That, plus a video of him and his friends skating as a trio a few days ago going viral elevated his chances of being invited. This celebratory night out was very much deserved.

What should've been off-putting was the people that tagged along. Reo didn't know some of these guys, as nice as they seemed. A couple of guys from Blue Lock's dance skating teams and Isagi. Yes, Isagi of all people patted him on the back and said "Hi, how have you been?"

Chigiri must have given him a heads-up for this reencounter. Reo wishes he could have access to whatever the redhead had concluded after they talked at the cafe; some manual on how to interact again with someone who you hadn't seen in years, and with whom things were never necessarily on good terms.

But Reo's perspective on meeting up with Chigiri hadn't been as eye-opening. In reality, he only learned that they could be friendly and go through an entire conversation without addressing the elephant in the room or snapping at each other.

Turns out the only case where Reo can't have spontaneous conversations is when it comes to Nagi. Too much history there — scratch that, too many old, passionate feelings that twitched like a phantom limb at random moments.

Chigiri hadn't come, weirdly enough. "He said something came up, but he might come if it isn't too late, once he's free," Kunigami explained.

Somehow, their improvised group fitted. Shidou and Mei-Ling were entertaining Bachira and Otoya while Kunigami said something to Isagi. Asuka stretched her bare legs over Reo's lap, making herself comfortable on his side as they gossiped.

"I invited Nagi as well, you know?"

Reo wasn't surprised he hadn't shown up. "Really? You just wanna see the world burn."

"Or see you in a bind," she smirked. Her red, alien eyes shined mischievously. "But seriously, as your friend, I had my reasons."

A bit of silence passed before she grinned. "Two truths, one lie."

"Go on, surprise me."

"A. I did it because I believe you two can make up; B. I want him to apologize to you so it can teach you a lesson; and C. I like to think no trip back home is finished without hooking up with an old fling..."